how do you get back on original medicare

I still believe if you are in the senior business you are working yourself out of a job, selling MA's.

Even in the Medicare& You it say the way to BUY a Med Advantage is Online or call the company direct.
How many seniors feel comfortable buying online? A few. It will slowly become the future, but not right away. Is that what it "say" in the M&Y booklet?:D

There are also a lot of dumb horses asses in the insurance business. That brings up the answer to the question: "How come there are more horses asses than there are horses?":rolleyes:

OK....did a little PR calling of existing MA clients, to gather feedback on their satisfaction. I don't have that many like others here, since I just ventured into this product line (half-heartedly) this year.

Goes without saying, those who haven't used it, or had big bills, are quite content.

But again, another client said they had to change doctors, because their medical group was refusing MA plans. Said they had a list of them on the wall, and Coventry Freedom was one of them. The complaint was that they were not getting their money in full, and when they called the company, they were put on hold so long it got exasperating, with the issues not solved. (I have empathy here...since my commission run around lasted 3 months with them).

Obviously, this is bad advertising for these carriers, and I sure hope they straighten up their claim processing quickly.

Reminds me of that old adage "the sweetness of price is soon forgotten, but the bitterness of the experience lingers on". (something like that)

If your client is on an MA plan that has a monthly premium, advise them to discontinue paying the premium. Some months down the line the MA plan will disenroll that person and the automatically revert to Original Medicare. Of course, they can request disenrollment form the carrier.

If your client is on an MA plan that has a monthly premium, advise them to discontinue paying the premium.
Good theory but playing with fire, telling someone to not pay their premiums - could be asking for trouble..

Reading this thread just continuously reminds me why the government should have no role in health care or retirement. This government subsidy of health care and retirement must stop, we are putting our children and grand children in the poor house.

We'll save that for another thread...

p.s. One of my med supp clients called up because their supp rates are going up $2 per month, yes $2 whole dollars per month or $24 annual. They live on a golf course with a paid off home, and I am having this conversation over $2??? They want a MA plan - I don't sell them - the client kindly informs me "I am required by law to sell everything.."

Really? That would be a neat trick.

I referred them to another agent that handles MA. They reviewed it and came to the conclusion that for $2 it wasn't worth the headache or changing doctors.

2 agents and 3 hours of time over $2.... I love the senior market!!!

If a client drops an MAPD for non-payment, they lose their drug coverage. At best, they would be penalized forever. At worst, they can't pay for medication.

I agree with TX - get the govt. out of medicine.

Rick

I, too, think it's a bad idea to just stop paying the premium. It's easy to get them back to Medicare...why not just do it the right way?

The MA companies, however, don't make is SOUND like it's easy. I have lots of funny stories about how many hoops a client has to jump through to get out. They would list all the most unlikely situations and then the very last thing they will say is 'well, if they don't meet any of those criteria, and they are in the first year of the MA, they can switch any time' - well, why the frack didn't you just tell me that in the first place!

Morons...

Just a note on that...they can change at will provided they were on a med supp to begin with. I thought that anone new to the plans could move in the 12 month window, but later found out that if they didn't have a supp to return to, CMS wont let them out of the PFFS plan.

That prohibition against returning to Orig Med from a pffs plan doesn't sound right.

I thought one of the reasons you could drop is when your doctors will not accept MA. Since the pffs doesn't pay any of your medical bills(i'm talking about the 20% or so beneficiary owes) what's the problem?

I know the pdp is pretty tight....that is a lock-in.

Back