How do you guys outline your calls/appointments?

DHurd

Super Genius
I'm curious how some of you experienced folk start from 0 and go to 100 so to speak.

How do you start off when first meeting/talking to the customer?

What is the outline of how you move through the call/appointment, inevitably ending in the sale?

Also, at what stage in your outline do you find people fall off of the most, and why?

Others may have more to contribute, but I think you only need the basics of a script. Meaning, you know you need health conditions, ht/wt, beneficiary, their budget for monthy premium, tobacco usage, banking info, etc. You need to explain the features/benefits of polciy, or course. Any script should guide you through process.

If you are listening to your client, they will offer info that you don't need to ask. So, you skip that part in your script. Everything else, before, during and after is rapport.

Or did I misunderstand your question?

Others may have more to contribute, but I think you only need the basics of a script. Meaning, you know you need health conditions, ht/wt, beneficiary, their budget for monthy premium, tobacco usage, banking info, etc. You need to explain the features/benefits of polciy, or course. Any script should guide you through process.

If you are listening to your client, they will offer info that you don't need to ask. So, you skip that part in your script. Everything else, before, during and after is rapport.

Or did I misunderstand your question?
I guess an example of a call or meeting. So, you know we need certain health questions. How do you bring them around to being fully convinced this is the best solution for them?

First, gain trust. You know when you've gained trust when they start talking more than you. Ask open end questions that get them talking, elaborating, etc. They should be telling you why they need FE, not you telling them. When in doubt, ask them why is this a concern for them at this particular moment. Regardless of their response, ask, "what else; in addition to that..., etc?" Keep asking, "what else until they stop talking". After that, run with it! All of their reasons for needing it, should trump any objection they have. Sell yourself on what you provide after the sale. What makes you different from me calling on them? Sell peace of mind, if that's what they need. Tell them stories about another client who's situation was similar and how they felt the same way, initially. For example, "Once they got through these same minor issues (for example), they were glad they made the decision today to work with me!"
I usually charge for this, but I'm feeling charitable. LOL
Seriously though, it can be considered unprofessional of me to give away for free, what my agents pay for. Who is your upline or IMO?

First, gain trust. You know when you've gained trust when they start talking more than you. Ask open end questions that get them talking, elaborating, etc. They should be telling you why they need FE, not you telling them. When in doubt, ask them why is this a concern for them at this particular moment. Regardless of their response, ask, "what else; in addition to that..., etc?" Keep asking, "what else until they stop talking". After that, run with it! All of their reasons for needing it, should trump any objection they have. Sell yourself on what you provide after the sale. What makes you different from me calling on them? Sell peace of mind, if that's what they need. Tell them stories about another client who's situation was similar and how they felt the same way, initially. For example, "Once they got through these same minor issues (for example), they were glad they made the decision today to work with me!"
I usually charge for this, but I'm feeling charitable. LOL
Seriously though, it can be considered unprofessional of me to give away for free, what my agents pay for. Who is your upline or IMO?
Very excellent. Especially the part about them telling you why they need FE. I'm thinking, have them come up with what not having any money set aside could cause when they pass. Like, identify what bills they pay every month, and ask them what's the effect of those going unpayed, and dig into that and such. And then ask how having the lump sum given to their beneficiary would help that specific situation. Really magnify their need through promting questions and lead them to answer that need with FE themselves, and then just facilitate the application process with getting into quotes, face amounts, your value.

I'm just thinking all preliminary here. I have my insurance test on tuesday and then have to wait for my liscence to come back and apply for my nonresidents. I have no upline or imo currently as I'm not fully "in the game" yet. However I'd like to hop on with digitalbga because they fit exactly what I'm looking for

Very excellent. Especially the part about them telling you why they need FE. I'm thinking, have them come up with what not having any money set aside could cause when they pass. Like, identify what bills they pay every month, and ask them what's the effect of those going unpayed, and dig into that and such. And then ask how having the lump sum given to their beneficiary would help that specific situation. Really magnify their need through promting questions and lead them to answer that need with FE themselves, and then just facilitate the application process with getting into quotes, face amounts, your value.

I'm just thinking all preliminary here. I have my insurance test on tuesday and then have to wait for my liscence to come back and apply for my nonresidents. I have no upline or imo currently as I'm not fully "in the game" yet. However I'd like to hop on with digitalbga because they fit exactly what I'm looking for
If you want, PM me and I will see if I have a good fit for you.
Everything you said above is great. You just need to keep the conversation going. The longer you can do that, the more they trust and like you. Asking questions positions you as a consultant. You cannot close, until they trust that you are the solution to their problem. Impress upon them that you really care and want to help. The moment they think selling them is your priority, fuggetaboutit.

Get a copy of a cost sheet from a relative that died which shows casket, vault, plot, funeral costs. I had one from my brother's death and it was an eye opener.

Get a copy of a cost sheet from a relative that died which shows casket, vault, plot, funeral costs. I had one from my brother's death and it was an eye opener.
You don't have to get one from a relative... Go to each funeral home in your area and ask for their GPL (General Price List)... They are required by federal law to provide it to you. It will outline each service the DFH provides. You can also check with then local cemeteries to see what they charge for space on a when needed basis.

First, gain trust.

That is paramount.

As to a script, I would also mention using a talk pad as a way to out line and capture important information you might forget during the course of a conversation. And that is what sales is, a conversation... a personal conversation. Your not an order taker, and you aren't trying to get them to buy a couch or a car. You are talking about death and what happens next. They may never by another car or couch, but I can assure you they will die!

Using the outline of important questions on a sheet of paper the client can see you filling out makes you look like a professional doing his job. It brings business to a relaxed conversation and should help make you appear as though you care, and I hope you do.

Another thing that an out line can do is to direct the conversation through to the end. It helps keep you on track and moving to a Yes or a No.

Fundamental thought... it's all about the fundamentals. There are no secret potions or magic oils.

I'm curious how some of you experienced folk start from 0 and go to 100 so to speak.

How do you start off when first meeting/talking to the customer?

What is the outline of how you move through the call/appointment, inevitably ending in the sale?

Also, at what stage in your outline do you find people fall off of the most, and why?
Here is a booklet put out by a large IMO that might give you a general idea of the process.. You can also do a search on YOUTUBE for final expense presentation.

Final Expense approaches Presentations.pdf (dropbox.com)

Back