How Do You Make Cold Calling Entertaining?

Cold calling chases more new agents out of the business than any other aspect of selling. It is an art and only a small part of the success formula. Take advantage of the guy who will coach you and share knowledge if your in the med sup business. I don't know the guru but knowledge is power and worth a few points on commissions.

Read the book "Never Cold Call Again" Good stuff

Make it entertaining by creating an easy going conversation. Play some music, have a drink, once you have the listener engaged, if you make them laugh you've got gold.

Rewarding yourself with something small you like after a certain goal has been hit can be fun. My weakness is ice cream so I'll tell myself that I can take my family out of ice cream that night if I've made "X" numbers of calls.

And if you want extra motivation, go ahead and tell your kid(s) that they only get to go out that night if you've made your calls. Don't make the calls, tell them when they get home that you all can't go out because you didn't hit your goal and see how that plays out:-)

Years back I told my son (5 at the time) that if I made "X" amount of money within a certain period of time I'd take him to Disney. That's the definition of pressure.

Cold calling chases more new agents out of the business than any other aspect of selling. It is an art and only a small part of the success formula. Take advantage of the guy who will coach you and share knowledge if your in the med sup business. I don't know the guru but knowledge is power and worth a few points on commissions.

Read the book "Never Cold Call Again" Good stuff

I have that book, I think Frank Rambuskas wrote it, he also wrote Cold Calling is a waste of time, his first book, all good if dealing with Medsupps, FE, not so much.

I have that book, I think Frank Rambuskas wrote it, he also wrote Cold Calling is a waste of time, his first book, all good if dealing with Medsupps, FE, not so much.

You can cold call FE, statistically you will average about 2k ap per week, weather it's worth it or not, that all depends on the individual.

Why would an agent waste his or her valuable time cold calling? Maybe when they start up, but as a business practice I recommend hiring your own marketer and training them your way (as long as you excelled on the phone). $10 per hour and one lead an hour will produce much higher profits than spending your time (money) cold calling.

Back