How Do You Make Cold Calling Entertaining?

The only way to make it fun, is to have someone else do it for you.

That's funny! Good single malt scotch, say maybe a quart, might also help :)

Ed Sikorsky
Big-Payday.com
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% of my business comes from cold-calling. I call on business owners for estate planning and for smaller companies (under 5 million sales) I call for general planning. You have to understand that hearing NO is a good thing and the more often you hear it the closer YES is. One thing to make it fun is to just not give a f*@%. What I do sometimes is say things that make it harder to set the appointment for the thrill of the chase.

Hope that helped.

Yep, you nailed it. Hearing "no" is a good thing. "Yes" is great, but we get to "yes" a lot faster the sooner they say "no".

Ed Sikorsky,
Big-Payday.com
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Not that fast Greg, gotta by YIO if you wanna see the script..

BTW Dwayne, I just had a previous client from cold calling give me a referral, hes also seeing if a friend of his that owns a group plan will allow me to see if i can get better rates. I saved him almost $2500 a year on his health insurance.

Some of the things I have thought about doing is to see how much info I can get out of each person. I already try to get company, plan, premium, whos on the plan before I hang up with them (ty Frank for that nugget). Now I think I will ask to see if they want life rates, and also see if I can get referrals from them. Just 10 more seconds on the call.
Anyone get a referral without actually helping that person out?
Thanks for your input

Any friend of Thomas Jefferson is a friend of mine. Referrals are so much more productive than cold-calling, I don't understand why agents don't ask for them more. Fear of rejection, obviously.

Ed Sikorsky,
Big-Payday.com

Last edited:
Mark, it's a guy who requites! That's not hard to understand. Actually. Merriam-Webster defines requiter as a noun meaning someone who makes a return or retaliates. I don't think the poster knows what it means.:goofy:

As I have stated several times on this forum in numerous threads.......cold calling is how I get new clients almost exclusively. I keep it fun by not having a full script at all!!!!! I have talking points that are the same in every variation of my intro but every new phone number I dial I try to introduce myself a different way. It keeps me in a groove so I am not sounding dull. starting a conversation is key and humor comes along with that. If I make a cold call laugh during the initial call I normally get a f2f with them.

to answer a ? that was on the first post.....YES. and more often then you would imagine. I ALWAYS ASK "do you know anyone who might benefit from having a conversation with me much like the one we just had??" I just got two med supps off a cold call that was going no where (lady was ignorant as heck and didn't care cause she is dual eligible)....I asked her and she immediately said yes, gave me her parents phone numbers and names. waited 20 minutes and called them (they were waiting for my call as their daughter called them before me). they were so happy to get answers to common questions with documentation that my answers were correct according to CMS and DOI here in Michigan.......just goes to show that seniors who sign up direct with companies or actually listen to the stupid people they hire at the commission on aging are not well informed on ALL THEIR RIGHTS AND OPTIONS while on Medicare!!!
:GEEK:

Back