• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

How Do You Make Cold Calling Entertaining?

Heath agent...that reminds me of a joke. A southerner went to NY and asked a local, "Hey, can you please tell me where the Empire State Building's at?"

The NewYorker responded, "you ignorant southerner, you don't end a sentence with a preposition."

The southerner replied, "Fine, can you tell me where the Empire State Building's at, asshole?"

Old, but still funny.

Heath agent...that reminds me of a joke. A southerner went to NY and asked a local, "Hey, can you please tell me where the Empire State Building's at?"

The NewYorker responded, "you ignorant southerner, you don't end a sentence with a preposition."

The southerner replied, "Fine, can you tell me where the Empire State Building's at, asshole?"

Old, but still funny.

HAHAH, a guy I know in the industry who has been around a long time and I admire greatly told me that joke. :D

I haven't done it, but a way I was thinking about was, "Do you know of anyone else that might be interested in meeting a hardworking, trustworthy planner"

Maybe I'll try it this week and see what I get.

Has anyone ever had experience asking for referrals from people who turn them down on a cold call?

There have been many times over the years when that has happened. It usually only happens though when you are able to transition the phone call into a conversation.

Occasionally I have gotten a wrong number, identified the person by their voice as a senior, asked if they are on Medicare and ended up selling them a policy.

Developing phone skills can dramatically improve your success. If all an agent is doing is reading a "script" none of the above will happen.

Back