How do you quote? Format? Paper? What?

Al, my bad! That should be www.ihealthinsurance.net, not .com. Accessed through Google, you just need to input type of coverage and zip code----no names. Of course, it asks for DOB, Tobacco, Student. From there you can review the details of the selected coverage.:goofy:

I went to the site and all I see is a along question format that will result in the person becoming an internet lead. There is also a link to ehealthinsurance.com where you CAN get tons of free quotes but not in a format that I'm looking for that I can send to a client.

The zapquote system is quite good, and I might get that one. The one thing the zapquote guy did was allow anyone to get accurate quotes for free online... and I don't see how get gets anyone to pay the money!! He should have 'crippled' the demo besides just putting "your logo goes here" on the first page. Anyone can print the PDF and 'mask' that off.

System seems functional but it is poorly designed. I think it is worth the money ($50/mo) for a large(er) agency that does a lot of quoting butI think he'd so better by making it a lot cheaper... for the one-man-band agency.

We tried to make our Jaya123 web service (www.jaya123.com) go for $39.95 a month and the market was not there. But it does OK at $14.95 a month.

Al

The GA route is problematic, at least in California. IFP business is vested business and as such, you want to be the agent of record.

I didn't know there WAS a GA in CA for IFP. The link on BenefitMall for IFP lets you put in client info, but when you click it, it says there are no carriers that meet the criteria. Either it is broken... or they abandonded it.

Like Dave said, it would make no sense to use a GA in CA for IFP.

Al

I has been ages since I tried an IFP quote there (B-Mall), so I guess maybe they figured out that no one should be interested. I think I did one in 1999 and they sent out the application with their agent number on it instead of mine - needless to say I changed out the application before I submitted that one LOLFor a long time there was a guy who was in charge of IFP sales for B-Mall, Craig Hamilton I think it was, and they had a whole IFP division there.They are good help with small group plans say 10+ employees. I do mostly 2-3 so I tend to prefer doing my own thing without a GA, although the GA override really ought to go to someone (maybe someday I'll do a PPGA or something).Dave

I went to the site and all I see is a along question format that will result in the person becoming an internet lead. There is also a link to ehealthinsurance.com where you CAN get tons of free quotes but not in a format that I'm looking for that I can send to a client.

The zapquote system is quite good, and I might get that one. The one thing the zapquote guy did was allow anyone to get accurate quotes for free online... and I don't see how get gets anyone to pay the money!! He should have 'crippled' the demo besides just putting "your logo goes here" on the first page. Anyone can print the PDF and 'mask' that off.

System seems functional but it is poorly designed. I think it is worth the money ($50/mo) for a large(er) agency that does a lot of quoting butI think he'd so better by making it a lot cheaper... for the one-man-band agency.

We tried to make our Jaya123 web service (www.jaya123.com) go for $39.95 a month and the market was not there. But it does OK at $14.95 a month.

Al

Where is the link to the zapquote system located? I didn't see anything related to that at the ihealthinsurance.net website. It simply takes you to netquote.com

Al, I don't know why this occurs but on one access to ihealthinsurance it comes up with a request for name address, etc, which generates a lead for them. However, on another access it comes up with the ability to get quotes anonymously----no name, address, or similar personal information required. I'll try it again and get back to you on that. I am not a computer maven by any stretch of the imagination. I did look at the zapsite, but it seems to be geared exclusively to CA.

Al, I don't know why this occurs but on one access to ihealthinsurance it comes up with a request for name address, etc, which generates a lead for them. However, on another access it comes up with the ability to get quotes anonymously----no name, address, or similar personal information required.

I've only been able to get the site that becomes an internet lead. Maybe they are recording IP addresses and when it sees same IP it redirects to a different site?

You might clear the cache on your browser.

I did look at the zapsite, but it seems to be geared exclusively to CA.

I didn't realize that. You are right. Here is the list of zips it allows... looks like all of CA. http://www.zapquote.com/cgi-bin/ziplist.exe

Al

Al, when accessed through Google and went to this address www.ihealthinsurance.net/ehealthinsurance.html I could do quotes for individuals and families in 2 steps. The opening page required only to select individuals and families or small business and input the zip code. The second page requested DOB, Gender,Tobacco, Student. No names or addresses, etc. The third page comes up with the quotes.

I tried to input a small business quote, but there name, address, email address, etc. were required---definitely a lead source.

BTW, Al, I accessed from the top of the Google page (shaded portion) under title: Compare Health Plans. The second entry is entitled: Health Insurance which directs you to ehealth insurance.com site that is exactly the same as the first entry. No personal information is required on either of these. However, when I accessed from Yahoo, ihealthinsurance was a slightly different first page. It asked for type of insurance and the zip code. The next page asks for First Name, Last Name, Zip Code, and if this will be a replacement for current insurance. I am positive from that point forward you are creating a lead. Give the information in my previous post a try and let me know how it works out.

Latest posts

Back