How Do Your Deal with Anxiety Before Each Cold Call?

Thanks for the post. We have Michael's authority to re post any info from his blogs.

Bullsheit. You and Erica are dishonest enough to steal from others and post the information as if it was your own. At least until you got caught.

I'm hoping you'll be banned for your lack of integrity.

No ethical agent should support you. There are many other choices.

Rick

The fear of calling is irrational.

Let's keep this in mind, because it means that a rational approach probably won't help. But let's look at a couple of ideas. Most fear of calling comes in two forms:

1. They won't answer your call

2. They won't want to talk to you.

Well let's check these out more closely. We're first afraid that prospects won't answer your calls. Then we feel discouraged, that this is a waste of time.

Here's the truth of the matter:

Most people won't be available to take your call. About half of them, on average.

Has nothing to do with you.

Second, we can get afraid that even if someone does pick up the phone, they won't care about what we have to say or offer.

Here's the other shoe dropping:

Half of the people who do answer their phones cannot actually talk right now.

They picked up the phone to find out if this call is about the problem they're experiencing. The one we know nothing about. And as soon as they realize this isn't about that issue, they have to get off the phone.

So this nets out to about three-quarters of your calls not reaching a decision maker who can speak with you today.

And it's not your fault!!

You have no control over this. What you do have control over is:

Do I make the calls?

Shift your focus from what prospects do to what you do. Keep in mind the numbers: only 1/4 of your dials on average will get through to someone who can talk to you today. That's OK! It's the same reality I have to deal with, Zig Ziglar had to deal with, you have to deal with, and your next door neighbor has to deal with (if she makes calls).

Latest posts

Back