How Important is Credit Score

Arnguy -

AG was with advances but I was willing to go as earned. Didn't make a difference to them.

IM was as earned.

There was another carrier who turned me down. Can't recall who.

I don't write that much life or DI so it was no big deal.

And thanks for asking. I am moving ahead but got a lot of rebuilding. That deal cost me my retirement funds. Guess I will be working for a while longer . . .

Forget the advances and this is largely a dead issue. If they don't want to appoint you paying you "as earned" tell them to take a hike and sell for their competitor since it is irrelevant and should not be a factor unless they are "loaning you" i.e. advancing you money.

Advances are scary anyhow - but that is another subject.

The old TV show Adam 12 use to end the conversation on the radio with KMA...A company that is too squeaky is usually out of touch with what is going on. I think they have been locked up inside too long and they can K.M.A.:realmad:

With Life, Health, and DI it usually isn't a problem unless it is a small company. However if you try for your series 6, 65, or 7 you have a long road ahead of you. Good luck and be prepared to explain every little discrepancy and have a damn good reason. After that, finding a Broker/Dealer that will take you on is going to be fun.

Hey guys,

Once you're appointed by any given insurance company, will they ever check your credit again?

Thanks, :skeptical:

Don't know about AG. I know I have contracts with Blue Cross, Aetna, GR, Assurant, World, Celtic, Coventry, and 8 life companies and my credit was a train wreck when I applied for all of them.

What if you have to file AFTER you get appointed? What happens? I may have to do just that to transition from one busines to another due to extremely debt from a failing business and some other issuses.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hey guys,

Once you're appointed by any given insurance company, will they ever check your credit again?

Thanks, :skeptical:

I was reading a contract not to long ago that stated in the fine print that if you have a BK after the signed date the contrac was automatically terminiated.

Last edited:
My credit has been a joke and it usually keeps me from getting a captive appointment. Some indy contracts too-- but I just work around those carriers because plenty of other ones like me. They must think I am a credit to my race because my credit is not creditable. I've had plenty of BK's-- usually with ketchup-- never been a problem...

Back