How is Farmers Insurance surviving?

In all fairness I spend a lot of time during my workday doing things that don't generate revenue. I'm about to leave the office to go to the gym, then sunbath, if the stupid weather cooperates. Tomorrow I am getting a massage, then hiking, again, if the weather cooperates. Plenty of gym, hiking, swimming, and perhaps some dirtbiking. Oh, and lots of yoga too.

It's because of the renewal commish that I get to do those things.

I aspire to be like you! =)

I thought it was fun?

Well, yeah in the way that rolling around in broken glass and then taking a bath in Tabasco is fun.

Having a built book isn't all fun and games either. I'm trying to sunbathe right now, and it's partially cloudy. Furthermore, it's a bit breezier than I prefer. Tomorrow might not be much better. I may not get the massage therapist I prefer when I go to get my Thai massage.

That makes sense, in my experience that is VERY rarely brought up, if they are thinking about it. When they do bring it up, it's so simply to overcome.. "Look every other Farmers agent is already doing this, Farmers' even have us speaking on their webinars.".

No, I've never sold insurance. It's probably the biggest complaint I've personally heard from the agents I've spoke with.

Obviously, that's the raw question of my question. How have they continued to bring in more than they spend, which I think is probably answered a few post below, and that's from the cost of individual start up agent cost.

They should go hand in hand until you think about what corporate brings in with the new agents they recruit, who also end up spending their life savings to get going.

In recent years, it appears the majority of Farmers agents are both new & young. Most dont have a track record of success of those hired in recent years. So, the initial startup program & office launch likely looks more promising than the other offers they dont have. Seems to be a lot more coming & going today than a decade or so ago. I think I noticed the change when they began to have new reps working part time from home & working a different job to make money hoping they could make a run at it.

wouldnt be shocked to see Farmers the carrier, do what Allstate & Nationwide has done recently in terms of letting anyone & everyone get appointed to sell product, sometimes with entirely different rates than what they offer through their captive agents

Back