How is the $2000 MOOP calculated?

Doesn't look like any independent pharmacies will be preferred except for some regional Blues.
Caveat, not an agent or pharmacist.

Perhaps this becomes a marketing opportunity for those small independent pharmacies to do a few ads in the local county newspaper mentioning drug discount plans such as GoodRX may be an option for more attractive medication pricing.

Accompanying this with some "buy local", in order to maintain local access to medications and supplies, ads.

And then make one or two drug discount plans available to their customers.

And 2024
And 2023
And 2022.........
Yeah, well ...

For me, and the people I am concerned about, those years are done deals.

Since you are the fancy agent with a large client base, you are welcome to go back and make changes for your clients for those years if you can.

I will spend my time in a more productive way talking with another agent about some 2025 pharmacy issues.

My point is we were already all doing that. Not that there were any $0 PDP before this year 2024 but the lowest-premium plan was the default for folks just wanting to avoid the asinine PDP LEP.

My point is we were already all doing that. Not that there were any $0 PDP before this year 2024 but the lowest-premium plan was the default for folks just wanting to avoid the asinine PDP LEP.
I don't have time for more of this silliness right now. I've put you on ignore.

My response was a specific response to another agent who was making responses relating to a seminar about PDP's in which a pharmacist commented about a lot of independent pharmacies going out of business and also possibly not taking Part D plans in 2025 and maybe agents weren't going to be writing PDP's.

You might take specific note of the post I quoted for my response.

Back