How is the $2000 MOOP calculated?

Doesn't look like any independent pharmacies will be preferred except for some regional Blues.
Caveat, not an agent or pharmacist.

Perhaps this becomes a marketing opportunity for those small independent pharmacies to do a few ads in the local county newspaper mentioning drug discount plans such as GoodRX may be an option for more attractive medication pricing.

Accompanying this with some "buy local", in order to maintain local access to medications and supplies, ads.

And then make one or two drug discount plans available to their customers.

And 2024
And 2023
And 2022.........
Yeah, well ...

For me, and the people I am concerned about, those years are done deals.

Since you are the fancy agent with a large client base, you are welcome to go back and make changes for your clients for those years if you can.

I will spend my time in a more productive way talking with another agent about some 2025 pharmacy issues.

My point is we were already all doing that. Not that there were any $0 PDP before this year 2024 but the lowest-premium plan was the default for folks just wanting to avoid the asinine PDP LEP.

My point is we were already all doing that. Not that there were any $0 PDP before this year 2024 but the lowest-premium plan was the default for folks just wanting to avoid the asinine PDP LEP.
I don't have time for more of this silliness right now. I've put you on ignore.

My response was a specific response to another agent who was making responses relating to a seminar about PDP's in which a pharmacist commented about a lot of independent pharmacies going out of business and also possibly not taking Part D plans in 2025 and maybe agents weren't going to be writing PDP's.

You might take specific note of the post I quoted for my response.

I don't have time for more of this silliness right now. I've put you on ignore.

My response was a specific response to another agent who was making responses relating to a seminar about PDP's in which a pharmacist commented about a lot of independent pharmacies going out of business and also possibly not taking Part D plans in 2025 and maybe agents weren't going to be writing PDP's.

You might take specific note of the post I quoted for my response.
Lol you been there a long time ago

Just sat in on a webnar from Cason Group out of S Carolina. They had a pharmacist and owner of a large independent pharmacy. Very insightful.
Doesn't look like any independent pharmacies will be preferred except for some regional Blues.

He quoted a survey that said 90% of independent pharmacies will not take part D
in 2025. It's a survey so who knows. Sounds like us agents not writing any PDP.

He said 40% of independent pharmacies will be out of business in next 2 years.

He said the reason a ton of independent pharmacies dropped Aetna SilverScript Sept. 30th this year was new drug FMO for lack of a better term. He gave an actual example. Ozempic costs his pharmacy $1,000 they are paid $800.

If a drug plan is enhanced the actual cost minus the copay (ie $47 tier 3) is what goes to satisfy the $2000.

AND the smoothing process OMG stay away, run . You will not be a hero you Do Not want any Part of it.........
Good. i never wanted to do PDP anyway. Every time I got recruited to do it even back in the day circa 2009 I wouldn't budge. Even $50 isn't worth it to me. So for me, no problem.

In my town, we had 4 pharmacies. Walmart, Meijer, Walgreen and Rite Aid. Walgreen and Rite Aid went out of business already early 2024 this year. The people are surviving. Some went to mail, others switched to one of the big box grocery chains. Yes there are a few problems with this. NONE of us like change. It got sorted. It was waffly. I didn't have to do much at all, only a few called...everyone was notified by the pharmacies and most responded.

The smoothing process is also not a big deal. And yes, they can go into the M3P anytime, but most wont have to

Like Chaz and everyone who reads already says and knows, doing an enhanced plan is best. Tier 3 copays, avoid % and deductibles. Many people willl be in a better position. And so many are on LIS or Extra Help anyway, esp the people who do DSNP

Go with the flow....why sweat it? We have zero control outside of running meds, checking doctors, and inserting into plans that make most sense.

Back