How Long Should I Wait?

Hey everyone,

Wanted to see what your opinions were on getting into P&C while doing FE. How long should I wait to get my P&C license? Do a lot of you do well selling both?

I learned along time ago when hunting quail that if I shoot at the whole covey I hit nothing. If I aim at one bird at a time I could get my limit. Insurance is much the same way. The thinner one spreads themselves the poorer the results. If you pursue FE and become successful you will never look back.

I learned along time ago when hunting quail that if I shoot at the whole covey I hit nothing. If I aim at one bird at a time I could get my limit. Insurance is much the same way. The thinner one spreads themselves the poorer the results. If you pursue FE and become successful you will never look back.

But he also wants to do health and annuities...come on don't burst his bubble

He should call you, I love your wisdom!! It's simple but sooooo real.

Seriously well said. ^^^

I'd agree with the overall theme of this thread so far.

I got my P&C license about 8 to 10 months ago thinking it would be some good side money and the renewals would be great and I'd get some more referrals for homeowner's insurance (I know a TON of realtors) and be able to cross sell them a bit into my main line of business.

It's been a complete waste of time and money so far. If I were to do the last year of my career over that's one of the main things I would change. The other main thing is I would have bought very different leads, but there was no way I could have known either of those things without trying them first. At least learn from my experience on the P&C side and save yourself the hassle. If you really want to do P&C then drop FE but don't bother with both. Especially when you think about the average FE client. Do YOU really want to be the one handling the car insurance on all those people? I'd let someone else deal with that headache.

Also - it may just be because I had less of a background in that field to begin with but I'd say the P&C exam was several times harder than the L&H exam as well as my securities license exams put together. The amount of time I spent memorizing things and just wrapping my head around what I feel are very counter-intuitive concepts... I should have just worked harder at getting in front of people for what I already sell.

Back