How much did you make in first month/year?

Salary

• 20-40k

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • 60k and up

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
If you are going into it with a back-up plan, you are already in trouble.

I don't think that's true.

A backup plan could just be diversifying your income streams, which I 100% do and suggest for anyone in this space.

I have 4 income streams. If Medicare disappeared tomorrow, then I'd be just fine (not suggesting everyone should get a job, at all.)

If I lost my job tomorrow, it'd hurt a little bit, but I'd still have other income coming in from my passive accounts and insurance.

That's just good business sense, imo.

I don't think that's true.

A backup plan could just be diversifying your income streams, which I 100% do and suggest for anyone in this space.

I have 4 income streams. If Medicare disappeared tomorrow, then I'd be just fine (not suggesting everyone should get a job, at all.)

If I lost my job tomorrow, it'd hurt a little bit, but I'd still have other income coming in from my passive accounts and insurance.

That's just good business sense, imo.
That is a plan.. not a backup plan.. A backup plan has connotations that you expect to fail.

That is a plan.. not a backup plan.. A backup plan has connotations that you expect to fail.

I disagree. I have a backup plan for any situation that arises.

For example, when the ACA was passed and everyone lost their commissions. It wasn't a plan for them to move to FE/Medicare/ect.

Not having a backup plan as part of your business is a setup for failure.

Daytimer, this is unacceptable. I let you take photos of me in private, for your "personal research" and the $7 you paid me. We agreed that you would not post photos of me on the internet.

Not cool.

ROTFLMFAO!

giphy.gif

I am adding half nude pictures of me for potential back up income. I dont have to sign anything, no annual e&o questions, my earnings vested life time and pictures worth more and more each year as I get older and uglier.

Just being honest, you’re not gonna make a ton of money for at least 3-5 years, depending on how dedicated you are, that might even be longer.

If you have a primary job, do NOT quit it. This industry is not as simple as “I passed a test! I’m ready for $100,000 per year!” It just doesn’t work like that.

This industry has a million rules and laws, and you really need to learn them inside and out, in order to be a trustworthy and good agent to your clients.

Because if you give them bad advice, believe me, they will go elsewhere and tell everyone they know to do the same. It just takes time, dedication, and a lot of work/studying. And a lot of people either can’t (or don’t want to) put in this hard work.

That’s why this industry has such a high fail/attrition rate after 1 year. Most get discouraged and just move on. It’s not a get-rich-quick scheme, but if you can afford to not make a lot of money for a while, it’s definitely worth it.

Back