How much is this lead worth?

G

Okay, let me know what y'all think.

An interested lead/client that is called by a telemarketer, their info is verified, they're asked when they would like to be contacted, when they're interested in buying, I mean we're talking super qualified and it's an exclusive lead but not a live call transfer, more like an appointment if I understand correctly.

It sounds good, very good.

How much is that worth?

And believe me, when I get the pricing from them, we'll all get on board if it's within reason.

Tough one. Of course, the accuracy of the information and the lead characteristics (Single? On welfare? Homeowner? Good health?) will make a big difference.

$10 would be a steal.

$20 would be realistic.

$30...Hmmm

Tough one. Of course, the accuracy of the information and the lead characteristics (Single? On welfare? Homeowner? Good health?) will make a big difference.

$10 would be a steal.

$20 would be realistic.

$30...Hmmm

I'm hoping $25, that's the number I have in my head. We'll see, that and how good they are as you said.

$10 would be a steal.

$20 would be realistic.

$30...Hmmm

If there was definitely a need "presold" into this prospect, and they are indeed qualified, currently insured, just looking for a better deal with as good or better benefits, I'd pay $30 for this no problem. I figure I would have somewhere near a 75% chance at selling this policy. The commish would definitely be worth the $30 spent.

...... but what the hell do I know, I'm still trying to get that "old school" Insurance system out of my head.

:twitchy:

If there was definitely a need "presold" into this prospect, and they are indeed qualified, currently insured, just looking for a better deal with as good or better benefits, I'd pay $30 for this no problem. I figure I would have somewhere near a 75% chance at selling this policy. The commish would definitely be worth the $30 spent.

...... but what the hell do I know, I'm still trying to get that "old school" Insurance system out of my head.

:twitchy:

Maybe we can buy in numbers, John where are you buddy?!??!

Depends on a lot of things.

Telemarketed leads have not been good for me. Tried them too many times, but always willing to listen to something new.

What is the source of the lead? Is it cold calling business owners or from some other source? If businesses, what size? What is the lead in? Is it "Would you be interested in a health plan for $40 per month?" or is it more subtle like "Tell me what you don't like about your current health plan."

Call backs are another issue.

Most business owners are hands on. Call me back tomorrow at 10 may look fine now but not if the building catches fire at 9:30.

Stuff happens.

I look for a minimum 5:1 ROI and right now I get closer to 8:1 and my COA is close to $60.

That means closing 1:2 which is really tough for telemarketed leads.

Lots of questions here. Not enough answers yet.

Almost three year of either making calls myself or hiring marketers:

*The more a marketer tries to qualify the more savvy people they'll lose. Sharp owners don't allow telemarketers to "qualify" them.

*The "lay downs" who allow telemarketers to qualify are not the sharpest tacks in the box - end up being tire kickers and time-wasters - normally dead broke - hence the high interest in "affordable" insurance or "saving money" on insurance

Two things work for writing business off telemarketed leads:

1) Agent makes the calls - interesting biz owners will discuss their situation with an agent where they will not with a telemarketer.

2) You pay a telemarketer by the hour - say $10 per hour and he/she throws everything at you including the kitchen sink. 2 to 3 leads per hour = $3 to $4 per lead - you close around 1 out of 20 with little headache and decent ROI

Any attempt to charge a lot for "highly qualified" telemarketed leads has been tried 100 times and failed 100 times.

You cannot use interruptive marketing to generate "qualified" leads. No such animal.

what is it that makes closing T.M. health leads so difficult?

Good question.

Could be a psychological block on my part.

Could be the prospect isn't really interested . . . or motivated.

Could be my closing skills (or lack thereof).

Maybe I have been brainwashed by Seth Godin and Jeff Gitomer. Seth refers to telemarketing, commercial TV breaks and such as interruption marketing. Advertising that is supposed to change your mind away from the stalker who is about to sneak in the bedroom of the pretty girl and make you want to go buy a new car.

Gitomer says people hate to be sold but love to buy.

Both of these points resonate with me . . . and I just assume I am not the only one who feels this way.

Does interruption marketing work?

Sometimes, yes.

Did I leave in the middle of CSI to go buy a Big Mac meal? Not on your life.

American Idol, maybe, but not CSI.

The person who is telemarketed may buy, and they may buy right then . . . or never.

They can also review your information, then call their brother who sold them the plan and ask them to get it for you.

Or they can buy from you, then buy from the next telemarketer.

I would be hard pressed to name a single item I have purchased spontaneously, or from interruption marketing, that left me completely satisfied.

Which reminds me. I am due a call back from the health clinic.

Back