How much is this lead worth?

Maybe I have been brainwashed by Seth Godin and Jeff Gitomer. Seth refers to telemarketing, commercial TV breaks and such as interruption marketing. Advertising that is supposed to change your mind away from the stalker who is about to sneak in the bedroom of the pretty girl and make you want to go buy a new car.

Does interruption marketing work?

Sometimes, yes.

An interesting conundrum from Seth Godin's material is that he acknowledges that you have to "interrupt" them the first time, in order to "gain permission" to market to them further...

TM leads are hard to close because it's a different sales process. It's purely educational and a light touch....and takes patience.

All of that said, the return is there. Event at $10 per lead at 1:15 it's $150 cost per client.

The problem is the psychology gets to most agents - they cannot sort through 15 TM leads to find a client. They become quickly frustrated and ditch it.

To me, there's no better block of business than a savvy business owner. It's a HSA feeding frenzy.

TM leads are hard to close because it's a different sales process. It's purely educational and a light touch....and takes patience.

All of that said, the return is there. Event at $10 per lead at 1:15 it's $150 cost per client.

The problem is the psychology gets to most agents - they cannot sort through 15 TM leads to find a client. They become quickly frustrated and ditch it.

To me, there's no better block of business than a savvy business owner. It's a HSA feeding frenzy.

It seems you've gravitated to a 'cold call' telemarketer lead discussion. My fault, if I'm correct what I was discussing upon opening the thread is a company weeding through interested clients, like leads, but instead of us calling them and going through voice mails and not interested, they do it and are and qualifying it that the need and want is there. Again, I think this is the case, I have a meeting Friday about it.

You purchase leads though any source - they call 'em and a transfer is $10 flat. No other fees.

So you're paying for a lead, then paying an extra $10 for Leadpod to weed out the good from the bad. interesting.

So I guess what this other company is offering is an 'all inclusive' process. They generate the leads, they call them, then sell them 'qualified' to agents.

So what's it worth?

You purchase leads though any source - they call 'em and a transfer is $10 flat. No other fees.

Okay, my mind is spinning, they can call my database of 9000 leads and I only pay for what they contact and transfer?

Will there be a DNC issue?

Hard to tell. Any kind of track record?

yes, it seems they are quite experienced and successful in other sales arenas.

I think of it this way, they have to know what they're doing or they'll be out of business in a month. They have to make money, they have to have done due diligence. Does everyone properly prepare? No, but this company has.

Still, the proof is in the puddin' as they say.

Back