How Often Do You Think About Dying or Your Own Death?

another great post by mark..

Cornelius made that post.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
To be honest I think I also heard that saying in a movie after he dropped that knowledge on me. He also said middle age is really about age 35 because many people don't make it to age 80.

Middle age to me is a meaningless expression. So many great people die in their 30's and 40's and so many assholes live to torture people well into their 80's. The best people that I've known that died other than my Father, were at middle age between 17 and 23.

Last edited:
I'm starting to have heart issues again. Last Friday, I was rushed to the hospital, after a bad ekg and my heart not acting right. I have marfans already, but I was having pcv one after another, causing my heart to get ready to have a heart attack. The nitro stop it.

I went back to the heart doctor today. Ive got to get a MRI of my heart. The echo they done, showed them something they want to take another look at.

I started having heart issues 10 years ago and been a little scared ever since then. Since last week, I'm really scared out of my mind.

So, I'm thinking about death just about everyday now.

All I can think of is my kids and what if this goes badly.

I have life insurance at least. When I first became an insurance agent, I got tons of it.

The doctor has told me to slow down and to avoid stress. Being an insurance agent and IMO has a lot of stress. I did give up sweet tea this week.

Besides thinking of death. I'm always thinking about my next life app and making more money. I have a fear of going broke or running out of money. It gives me a drive to work hard.

I'm going to have to slow down and focus on my health more for the time being and slow down trying to sell so much life insurance.

How often do you think about dying or your own death?

I don't think the avg person thinks about it that often, unless something happens to them or they go to a funeral.

So, how often do you think about dying or your own death?

Every now and then but not too often. It motivates me to want to utilize my time for higher purposes.
Everytime I read this thead I think about it. Also closer to home, my Dad died last week.

That brings the inevitable into sharper focus.
Sorry to hear that JD. Did he live in Western, KY?

Last edited:
well mark you are a walking example, on why your customers, need life and health insurance.... the good news is that doctors can replace,or rebuild, your heart. 20+ years ago my father got a valve job, done on his heart. they asked him plastic, or titanium. he said what last longer. titanium... he is 91 and going strong.... my sister even caught him with a sleep over partner..

Every now and then but not too often. It motivates me to want to utilize my time for higher purposes.
Sorry to hear that JD. Did he live in Western, KY?

Yes, Madisonville. If you go to the Barnett Strother Funeral Home website his obit is still there.

Used to think about it with same concerns...wife, kids, etc. Coming to faith cured those fears/concerns. Still would like to finish raising my kids but now realize I have other objectives that will have greater impact.

Hope all goes well for you Mark

I'm starting to have heart issues again. Last Friday, I was rushed to the hospital, after a bad ekg and my heart not acting right. I have marfans already, but I was having pcv one after another, causing my heart to get ready to have a heart attack. The nitro stop it.

I went back to the heart doctor today. Ive got to get a MRI of my heart. The echo they done, showed them something they want to take another look at.

I started having heart issues 10 years ago and been a little scared ever since then. Since last week, I'm really scared out of my mind.

So, I'm thinking about death just about everyday now.

All I can think of is my kids and what if this goes badly.

I have life insurance at least. When I first became an insurance agent, I got tons of it.

The doctor has told me to slow down and to avoid stress. Being an insurance agent and IMO has a lot of stress. I did give up sweet tea this week.

Besides thinking of death. I'm always thinking about my next life app and making more money. I have a fear of going broke or running out of money. It gives me a drive to work hard.

I'm going to have to slow down and focus on my health more for the time being and slow down trying to sell so much life insurance.

Mark...do yourself a favor if you haven't already...get an incredible vitamin that is called ResQ. Other great preventative supplements are OPC3, Omega3 and coenzyme Q10.

Also, I highly, highly recommend the Cleveland Clinic...#1 heart hospital in the world...I have a lot of heart disease in my family and have been well educated in the past 8 years on this.

Back