Your Family Bank

I think you just created a new strategy. Put money in life policy, loan it out to people on pay day lending. would be some massive arbitrage.

Tahoe Usury Roulette Design (The TURD Plan)
Now all I need is a storefront with bars on the windows next door to a liquor store.

I'll be hanging out with Elon and Zuck in no time!

" Now, Bob Castiglione, the founder of LEAP, is considered by some to be "not a nice guy." I've heard people say he's mean, nasty, arrogant, etc. I've heard others say he's a wonderful, a great guy, etc. Personally, I couldn't care less. Here's what I will say about him -- he's a brilliant guy, and he's done more for life insurance professionals and the industry than anyone else I've ever met in this industry." 100% SPOT ON!
Well he was arrogant but he was extremely protective of his system.
He threw me out of a meeting when I questioned his math...but eventually admitted he double counted.
I met him numerous times and actually outside of business he was a funny guy.
He pitched for the Mets in the minor leagues.
He held a record for most strikeouts in a minor league game for many years.
When the industry and every Tom, Dick and Jane was badmouthing whole life he was the loudest voice singing it's praises.

" Now, Bob Castiglione, the founder of LEAP, is considered by some to be "not a nice guy." I've heard people say he's mean, nasty, arrogant, etc. I've heard others say he's a wonderful, a great guy, etc. Personally, I couldn't care less. Here's what I will say about him -- he's a brilliant guy, and he's done more for life insurance professionals and the industry than anyone else I've ever met in this industry." 100% SPOT ON!
Well he was arrogant but he was extremely protective of his system.
He threw me out of a meeting when I questioned his math...but eventually admitted he double counted.
I met him numerous times and actually outside of business he was a funny guy.
He pitched for the Mets in the minor leagues.
He held a record for most strikeouts in a minor league game for many years.
When the industry and every Tom, Dick and Jane was badmouthing whole life he was the loudest voice singing it's praises.

He's entitled to be protective of his system. It's his IP, his asset. Good for him. He ended up selling it, and again, good for him. As far as his baseball career, he told me he played for the Atlanta farm system (IRC). I didn't know anything about a strikeout record. I know a guy who was a special-guest trainer for him (Vince D'Addona) and he's a perfect example -- he took LEAP, mastered the concepts, applied it to the HNW, estate planning marketplace, and used the concepts inside of his own planning and process. He was super-successful before LEAP and while LEAP (I believe) improved his production -- he did not use it as a selling system. This guy is one of the most respect life insurance professionals in the game. Period. Top professionals like him don't buy, learn, and use a selling system. Personally, I don't know why anyone would, but to each their own.

Do I think borrowing from a policy can be beneficial? Absolutely? I've borrowed from my policies several times, and after banks started offering lines of credit against whole life policies, I took one out. I've moved it several times, but I always have one open, available, and ready to use. Is loan/rate arbitrage possible? Absolutely. Not now, but when I was borrowing against my policy for 2.75% and was making quality private investments which were getting me far more, I'll take that all day long, and many times a day, LOL. When I refinanced a house and was able to get 2.75 percent, I asked the bank if they would loan me a billion! LOL.

Playing games and borrowing monies, whether it's cash value or PUA, after 10 days, is nothing more than a gimmick. I guess there could be some benefit somewhere, but overcoming the load on the PUA, yes, maybe it works long-term, but to use it as a conduit, no, I don't see it.

"He's entitled to be protective of his system" Who said he was not?
I know Vince extremely well and his wife Ande also.
Ande became an executive at LEAP before moving to Penn Mutual.
Her father Lamar was also a high producing agent before getting involved with LEAP and more so afterwards.

"He's entitled to be protective of his system" Who said he was not?
I know Vince extremely well and his wife Ande also.
Ande became an executive at LEAP before moving to Penn Mutual.
Her father Lamar was also a high producing agent before getting involved with LEAP and more so afterwards.

I was simply making a statement. Many people felt he was protective, until he wanted to sell LEAP. LOL. Why not? LOL. BTW, regarding Vince, he's a great guy and has given back so much to the industry. I enjoy his presentations because his perspective and how he delivers it is very interesting and often unique. Just as a side note, Vince and Ande are divorced. Quite a long time now. Ande actually became the President of LEAP for a period of time. I met her father once. Vince relocated to Las Vegas and has left Guardian. I'll tell you how great I think he is -- personally, if I weren't in this business, he would be one of two people I would hire as an advisor. All the best!

I did mean ex wife, she tried to recruit me to Penn.
You met Lamar?
In my travels for Guardian, I would go up to Rome Georgia to meet with Lamar twice a year.
His office was, may still be, in this big old mansion that could have been in Gone With The Wind.
Lamar in his day was quite a large producer.
Whenever I was there they always invited me to dinner at their home.
It was always a pleasure to to meet with him even though it was really off the beaten path for me

Do you know if she is still single? I have a friend i think she would love

I don't know. My relationship is with Vince, so when they were married, she was around, they were together, etc. I took a course with her once (a Landmark seminar), not too long after Max was born I think, so that goes back a long way! LOL. After they split, I spoke with her several times while I think she still had her own coaching practice and then was with LEAP. After she left LEAP I may have spoken with her once. So, I don't know her status.

I did mean ex wife, she tried to recruit me to Penn.
You met Lamar?
In my travels for Guardian, I would go up to Rome Georgia to meet with Lamar twice a year.
His office was, may still be, in this big old mansion that could have been in Gone With The Wind.
Lamar in his day was quite a large producer.
Whenever I was there they always invited me to dinner at their home.
It was always a pleasure to to meet with him even though it was really off the beaten path for me

I met him once, in NYC. Brief meeting, in passing. He was with Ande and Vince at an estate planning event.Vince had said he was a successful producer and at the time he was calling Vince in for JV work. Nice people.

Back