How to Deal With Unreasonable and Ignorant Customers?

There is this women that has been calling my office for a couple of days now and she is the rudest and most unreasonable human being I have ever had to deal with.

She wanted a auto quote and is switching from Allstate. This lady refused to give me her address, current insurance coverage company, effective date, date of birth etc. She literally wanted me to give a quote based off her name and the type of car she drives. Like WTF is wrong with this lady.

Not to mention her rude attitude, this lady basically thins the world revolves around her. How do I deal with people like this? When is it appropriate to just hang up or refuse to deal with them?

Its taking so much out of me not to go off on her.

Tell her without the information (you are requesting), you are simply not able to give her an accurate quote.

That's it. No need to argue or explain yourself further.

Show her the door.

At this point, I wouldn't bother to quote her period. I would simply tell her that you are unable to help her and hang up.

That client will eat up your time for the rest of the time she is insured with you. The Allstate agent let her walk because she was a problem.

Tell her to go to Gieco and or Essuance and tell her to ender her name and that's it and see how far she gets.

volagent has the right idea. If she is this bad just wait until she is one of your clients. Then you will really owe her your time :/

I've told prospects that I have the pleasure to choosing my clients. I then suggest they find another agent that would be better suited to their needs.

Click.

Rick

Back