How to Deal With Unreasonable and Ignorant Customers?

hahahah.

liars (and creeps) not buyers anyway, move on.

But, just once, the first time she said she would not give me the info I needed to quote her, I would tell her why she would need to give me that info. age matters, zip codes, any tickets, any accidents, etc...

Only once, simply because some people really are that dumb.

Yep. One chance. I tell them the more qualifying questions, the better chance of finding discounts. If they still refuse...see ya!

Sometimes it's the refusal that does it. Any well-read salesman knows that sometimes you've got to take it away from them to make them want it more lol.

Yep. One chance. I tell them the more qualifying questions, the better chance of finding discounts. If they still refuse...see ya!

Sometimes it's the refusal that does it. Any well-read salesman knows that sometimes you've got to take it away from them to make them want it more lol.

I've had to do that at home for years....

There is this women that has been calling my office for a couple of days now and she is the rudest and most unreasonable human being I have ever had to deal with. She wanted a auto quote and is switching from Allstate. This lady refused to give me her address, current insurance coverage company, effective date, date of birth etc. She literally wanted me to give a quote based off her name and the type of car she drives. Like WTF is wrong with this lady. Not to mention her rude attitude, this lady basically thins the world revolves around her. How do I deal with people like this? When is it appropriate to just hang up or refuse to deal with them? Its taking so much out of me not to go off on her.

Your more patient than I am... If they don't give their DOB and SS#(I am not in CA), I tell them to call someone else.

Its taking so much out of me not to go off on her.

Are you the agency owner or do you work for someone else? If you're your own boss then I would politely but firmly let her know that you require the requested information in order to run a proper quote. If she is unwilling to provide the said data, you will not be able to assist her further. End of discussion.

"Looks like I can get you for $20 a month come by and bring your registration, drivers license and down payment we'll get the application started, since we got you such a great rate how about you give me a couple of names of friends or family I can quote"

She comes in and you run MVR " Ouch looks like you have a suspended license and two DUIs. Looks like the rate just went up. SORRY!

Latest posts

Back