How to Find a Trustworthy Life Insurance Agent

Questions, questions, and more questions. Truly good agents do what they do to help people, the money follows easily if you do a good job.

No agents should be afraid of a long list of questions from any prospect. Do your research and unload with questions, if the agent is worth your time, they'll be ready with answers. Ask until you feel comfortable.

That's my suggestion.

A good test is you meet with the agent. After the appointment u drop ur wallet make sure there is at least 1K in there. Then see if the agent calls u to pick it up. If u get no call back he is not trusts worth. U only 1k down.

To be honest, there is no way of completely knowing if a Life Insurance agent is honest or not. Just like you can never know if your wife should be trusted or not. hehe. All i know is it is best to find out, in person, who they are. If they try selling you a policy the first meeting it's not worth it. Any experienced agent will ask questions beyond the one's that are NEEDED to fill out a policy. Also, look for an independent agent.
Realistically, they have access to any product out there so they have the best chances of finding a policy to fit your needs. Everyone has a unique situation one way or another.
Make sure that your agent has more than one product illustration in front of you because a whole life plan this day in age is also heavily used for an investment vehicle. Depending if you want to save on premiums or build a tall cash value.
Personally, i enjoy the option of pulling money out of a Cash Value account without paying massive penalties like you would on a 401K or an IRA.
I'm getting ahead of myself, i know, but it all depends on what you are looking for and how comfortable you feel with someone's advice literally watching over your life.
In the end, look for an agent who really pinpoints your situation by listening and asking questions. There are one's out there that value their customers more than themselves.

Jdrose, does your member name have anything to do with the next big thing to Chicago, Derrick Rose?:yes:

I think the BULLS finally have a good team that can come out of the east and can win a championship. I am not a fan of the heat. I am a fan of the lakers since 1984.

Lakers are getting a little old as a team.

Thanks bob wise reminded me of basketball.....23 might have to do with Chicago MJ.

I think the BULLS finally have a good team that can come out of the east and can win a championship. I am not a fan of the heat. I am a fan of the lakers since 1984.

Lakers are getting a little old as a team.

Thanks bob wise reminded me of basketball.....23 might have to do with Chicago MJ.

Don't we all dislike the talent( that can't close) from south beach. Lakers always had a solid organization and will surely bring the cream of the crop. If not, Phil is gone.

Well Phil took chicago and the lakers to 11 championship. Granted he had MJ and Koby.

Back