How To Get Appointed with Multiple Carriers

I recently got my health variable anuties and life license and was working with a brokerage up until recently they were'nt paying me all my commisions so I figured I could go into business for myself I have clientel so i'm stuck on how to get on with good carries and what steps are need to do that I live in the state of florida and would like to get some assistance please.

Well if you want to continue selling Securities you need a B/D to be registered under....For Life and Fixed/Fixed Indexed Annuities you will find many carriers use FMOs and these FMOs advertise all over the place...

Why not start by telling us what carriers you want.

id like to sell health related product medicaid supplements and maternity supplements ive been doing some research into these products but some of the companies im familiar with are assurant humana united health plus but are there any other ones that are as good or even better that will allow you to work as independent and not be a captive agent?

id like to sell health related product medicaid supplements and maternity supplements ive been doing some research into these products but some of the companies im familiar with are assurant humana united health plus but are there any other ones that are as good or even better that will allow you to work as independent and not be a captive agent?

Hilarious! The only people who want maternity supplements don't qualify, they are already pregnant. You might want to rethink your potential market.

And do you mean Medicaid supplements or Medicare supplements? People on Medicaid generally don't buy supplements, but they may use a MA depending on their state and status.

I recently got my health variable anuties and life license and was working with a brokerage up until recently they were'nt paying me all my commisions so I figured I could go into business for myself I have clientel so i'm stuck on how to get on with good carries and what steps are need to do that I live in the state of florida and would like to get some assistance please.

I would contact any carriers you want to work with directly and get direct contracts. Most of them will NOT pay advance commission but if you want to survive stay away from advances. Personally, I advise all agents to get all health contract directly from the carriers if they decided to do any health, but always advise them to avoid writing health as the primary target. Most agents after 1/1/11 only write health if a client asks for it. We pulled out of the health biz a while back after the commission cuts 1/1/11. P & C is less regulated and less headache. Also, if/when you decide to do health, I advise to only write for the top 5 biggest carriers. We have see 9 carriers in the last year fall after the new healthcare laws start approaching and that's not much fun explaining to a client their insurance company has gone under and to trust you again.

T:GEEK:

Back