How To Pass the Life, Accident and Health Insurance Exam ?

Hi folks,

I just wanted to give my two cents worth on how I passed the L&H Exam the first time.

First of all I want to say thank you for this forum. It's been quite enlightening.

On July 23, 2011, I registered for my insurance class with Kaplan. I didn't have a whole lot of money, so instead of choosing to do the class in a classroom, I registered for the online class. They have a fantastic and very thorough online program. There is ALOT of reading.

I read through the whole program the first time through. I didn't necessarily concentrate on sections. I just read and read and read till I completed my first read through.

Then I watched the videos they offered about the different type s of insurance out there. I also listened to the audios they had.

Then I read through the entire Reading section again. This time I could conceptualize further what they were talking about.

After completing the Read-thru again, I started taking the practice tests. I took at least 3 tests a day.

I carried the mentality that I was going to take the next test beating the score of my previous test, competing against myself. With each test I took, I read the comments that were given for each wrong answer that I had. I probably took a total of 50 practice tests. This comprised a month of studying total.

Once I felt that I was averaging a passing grade ( I wanted to make in the 80s of better) I braved the course test. I passed with a 92.

I scheduled my Exam through Pearson Vue for 8 days later, so I continued my practice tests until 3 days before. Then I rested. I also prayed throughout this time.

I passed on first go round (Sept 3, 2011). I was so pleased with myself. Quite an accomplishment for me.

This process takes DISCIPLINE! You have to WANT IT that bad. But you can do it.

I hope this encourages and helps others out there.

Zeo

What sites did you go to for all the practice tests? I'm currently studying and would like to do practice tests to see how I am doing.

Thank you!

Hello everyone I failed the state exam. I thought I was ready I got 57% I was getting high 80s on the pre exam. That was just for the health exam. Now Im told I need life and health. I dont know what happened but it seemed like some stuff that was on the exam I had never seen before. I used fx-exam. Im currently studying both life and health. Can anyone give me some pointers how to study maybe Im studying wrong. Also someone told me to just study the quizzes and I would be ok. I did that and failed. What should I do? All I have is the online course I do not have the book are the cd.

Hello everyone I failed the state exam. I thought I was ready I got 57% I was getting high 80s on the pre exam. That was just for the health exam. Now Im told I need life and health. I dont know what happened but it seemed like some stuff that was on the exam I had never seen before. I used fx-exam. Im currently studying both life and health. Can anyone give me some pointers how to study maybe Im studying wrong. Also someone told me to just study the quizzes and I would be ok. I did that and failed. What should I do? All I have is the online course I do not have the book are the cd.
Take the test but answer first the questions you are sure of, skipping anything you question. Go back and look at the ones you skipped, reread the question as it is written and answer if you are sure. Get up and walk away after submitting. Do not change your initial answers

1. Make sure you are studying multiple versions of the exams (not just one or two.)
2. As has previously been stated, skip over the harder questions and come back to them.
3. Hunt out double negatives in each and every question
4. Do not be fooled into thinking longer questions are more complex
5. Research a few concepts that your course did not review. Many courses skip over complex topics and leave students vulnerable about certain concepts.
6. For some questions - start off by looking at the answers.
7. Do not sweat the failure, sometimes its just not your day.
8. Use index cards to memorize definitions of key concepts.

Back