How To Pass the Life, Accident and Health Insurance Exam ?

The point was more him selling regularly than how much.
I just can't help but think that when the cancellations start coming in those $1,300 weeks are going to end up being $600 weeks.

The ability to sell has nothing to do with being a professional agent.

Some folks do an outstanding job with their clients but are not necessarily among the top money earners. Others outshine the rest on the production boards but are nothing more than slick sales people.

If your measure of a professional agent is how much he or she earns in a day or a week, you have completely missed the mark.

Then you have professional agents who are also top earners. That's not mutually exclusive - just work. There's no honor in being a "professional" agent but broke.

I never said pro's can't earn a good living.

But I do see folks, including in this thread, judging the merit of an agent by how much they earn.

That set's a poor example and is a reflection on how shallow some people can be.

I agree. It doesn't matter if you're making $2,000 a week if you're selling junk. Then again, it doesn't matter if you're selling top notched products and can't make a living either.

And judging the merit of an agent based on what they earn? Sure....after they've been in the biz long enough to know what they're doing they should be making very good money. If not they're either lazy or maybe the biz ain't for them. I know very nice agents who have been in this biz for years I haven't cracked 40K in a year. Ethics has nothing to do with it, they just have piss poor work habits.

If I wanted to make just 45K a year and help people I'd send my resume to Habitat for Humanity. In this field you can help people and make fat money. j

somarco misstakenly stated;
"The ability to sell has nothing to do with being a professional agent." this is in direct conflict with the definition of the term professional.
Then he incorrectly assumed I was judging my friends personal merit based on his professional ability.
somarco, it seems you like to stir the pot, but in this case you have dilluted the subject matter.
The point I made is; mjlelario is having trouble passing the test, this doesn't necessarily mean he/she will fail in this profession.

I think Somarco's has mistakenly tied making a lot of money to being devoid of ethics. What he seems to want to say without the will to just come out and say it is "if you're making huge money in this business you're a whore." I beg to differ. Some people simply choose to work hard. In my case I choose to work smart.

Some people are good "test takers" others know the information but suck when it comes to taking a test. A person should be measured by who they are, not how well they do when taking a test. To even imply that this person may not be "cut out" to be a successful agent is ridiculous.

Since none of us know this person, I believe we should give him/her the benefit of the doubt and assume that he/she just sucks at test taking.

Just the fact that all of us are licensed agents should prove that one doesn't have to be a rocket scientist to pass the test.

How many agents do all of us know who passed the test the first time and failed miserably as an agent? He/she most probably is just not taking the time to really study the question and the answers.

Having taken the test and not passed it, and having taken the test again tells me a lot about this person. He/she is persistent, isn't easily discouraged, and most importantly isn't afraid ask for help. Sounds like the kind of person I would want working for me.

Back