How To Step Back - What Do You Do All Day

For Christ sake learn commercial! Or get a commercial producer in there! Do you realize the potential gold mine your sitting on? Cross sell all those personal accounts to insure their businesses. Then sell life,accident & health! Hire staff that can manage the whole thing then sit back and put it on cruise control. Then sell it. It will be worth so much more if those accounts are rounded out!

For you old timers & people who's books are making you enough money that you don't care anymore & value time over money...how & what do you do?

Just hire a manager persay & put goals on them? Just stop taking new business unless it's creme de la creme? What is life like outside of the grind?

I'll grow by $1,300,000 in premium this year which means next year I'm taking a pay raise that I don't even need. I want to start the process of stepping back. Will carrier's talk if my production just haults? In my state they say after being appointed for 4 years, carriers really can't do anything to you.

My plan is to flip on all carrier service centers and.....just be done with this. Done with it all. Anybody have their agency on autopilot entirely & if so...what do you do all day w/ your time?

Auto pilot while I'm building my software company. Spent extra hiring a bad ass sales manager. She trains the team. I spend extra generating leads I know have 150-200% ROI. People. All depends on leaving it in the right persons hands.

....aren't you supposed to be well into your software launch at this point?

In beta testing with 24 Agents. So far after 90 days average 3x new business increase in sales month over month. Top agent has increase his sales 5x. Closing ratios increased on average 57% in 3 months.

Smart sales tool. Agency MVP. You heard it here first.

You are cooked... take a month, set it up just right... so the babysitters can take it over...and walk away. Drop in on the office 2 or 3 times a week to make sure everyone is working.... DO what the gent above said and get a CL guy in there to cross sell those clients.... Get some silos in there and grow it from the owners office, not the Producers desk.

Or Tell your SIAA you want to play a role in the larger org. Get a new perspective of the industry.

No matter what you do, walk away for a month after setting up your staff foundation. Don't tell them you are out of town....drop back in after two weeks. Like you were never gone and then go for two more. Staff will think you are still in town and work like you are in town- not knowing when you will drop in again.

Read an amazing book that blows and opens your mind on a beach or by a river. Go to Lake Powell, Zions National Park, and Havasupai Falls, where Cell service does not exist, where their is no light pollution and you can see every star in he galaxy- those three places will blow your East Coast mind.

Go see a musical that challenges your thought process, volunteer at a soup kitchen, learn to play the guitar and sing a song at an open Mic in a college town.

Get wasted and try to win a Karaoke competition. Go to a beach and don't come back until you legitimately "Blow out your flip flop"- Might take a day, might take a week.

When you learn the Guitar and sing in the Open mic. Learn the 59' sound by the Gaslight Anthem. you and the Kids will love it. Slow it down and Nail it!

I say suck it up and keep going. Make that F U money, partner up with me, and we can hop on that Top 100 list Shawn has been tossing around this forum.

Back