HSA question

Chazm

Guru
5000 Post Club
Orlando
I sent a client a proposal for a National General plan to bridge her over to Medicare but she asked if I had any HSAs available. I don’t really know if we have here any in FL but can she just add it with any plan? Or does it have to be a specific HSA eligible plan?

I sent a client a proposal for a National General plan to bridge her over to Medicare but she asked if I had any HSAs available. I don’t really know if we have here any in FL but can she just add it with any plan? Or does it have to be a specific HSA eligible plan?

Caveat, not an agent.

There are specific requirements for a health insurance plan that allows a plan holder to also have an HSA account.

I have never tried to carefully understand all of the details and match them to plans. What I have done in our case is just to go to ACA listings and look for bronze plans that specifically say HSA eligible.

I can't speak to whether there are ACA plans other than bronze, or non-ACA plans, that meet HSA requirements.

Chaz, just focus on my much shorter diatribe. OMG the rambling

Thanks. I went to Floridablue.com and found the 4 HSA’s, starting at $1017. A hefty 40% increase with a higher DED over a STM plan. We’ll see.

FSA? I primarly do group but FSA's are what we offer for non HSA plans and for groups looking for a pre tax savings. There are a few other that Ameriflex offer but I do not know if you can offer them on the individual market.

Caveat, not an agent.

FSA. Not such a hot deal when the employer fires you.

Back