Humana MA Renewals

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
This past AEP(2021), several MAPD plans advised that they would pay 2021 renewal rates for biz written in 2020. First, it was Humana and UHC, then Cigna from my contracted carriers that I use. My others were already paying the renewal rate to ALL previous business from other years.
For anyone with a Humana MA contract, do you know if the new renewal scheme applies to other business years besides 2020?
Previously, the rate would not change from one year to the next. Agent would receive renewal at whatever the rate was in the year that biz was written.

This past AEP(2021), several MAPD plans advised that they would pay 2021 renewal rates for biz written in 2020. First, it was Humana and UHC, then Cigna from my contracted carriers that I use. My others were already paying the renewal rate to ALL previous business from other years.
For anyone with a Humana MA contract, do you know if the new renewal scheme applies to other business years besides 2020?
Previously, the rate would not change from one year to the next. Agent would receive renewal at whatever the rate was in the year that biz was written.

Humana's does not apply prior to 2020.

thank you for confirming!! Any idea if that will be ONGOING into future years??

Can’t imagine they’ll increase prior years. One thing about Humana, they tweak their plans from time to time. Sometimes it works where it makes sense to switch the client to an alternate Humana plan. When you do this, you get the updated commission.

Screwed myself out of some commish being a nice guy helping people . Wrote a guy new to Medicare with 7/1 effective date . Applied for extra help and he got a 7/1 effective date . Comes back he got qmb so I’m going to write him a dual . I come to find out they pull back the true up portion as even though he’s staying with same carrier it’s disenrolling . Is this correct ? So when I rewrite I won’t get that back ? Humana only pays the remainder of yr on true up .

Screwed myself out of some commish being a nice guy helping people . Wrote a guy new to Medicare with 7/1 effective date . Applied for extra help and he got a 7/1 effective date . Comes back he got qmb so I’m going to write him a dual . I come to find out they pull back the true up portion as even though he’s staying with same carrier it’s disenrolling . Is this correct ? So when I rewrite I won’t get that back ? Humana only pays the remainder of yr on true up .

Yes! That’s the way that most of them operate. I will most likely have one like that with UHC shortly. IIRC, you can keep the “true-up” portion IF the mb stays on the first plan option for 4 months and get to keep 4 months of double commission + pro-rated amount for the plan change (no true-up with that). I’ve never understood why they do this since Medicare Marketing Guidelines list this as a reason not to charge back. MA plans and their lackey FMOs are all crooks.
They are supposed to pay the pro-rated commission PLUS whatever amount it takes to equal $539. In this way, there is no discrimination in enrolling someone early in the year vs a December baby. Ex: I f I enroll a December T65, I would get $21.25 + $517.75 to even it out to $539.

Back