Mass disappointment with 3.7% rate increase . Humana and United stks down 5% plus after hrs

No, but if creditable coverage has to pay at least as much as Medicare I would assume most group drug coverage is not going to be able to do that. BCBS of SC said that right now, 70+% of their group plans meet the criteria. If the Part D rule passes (obviously it did), they said that number drops to 36%

WOW did not even think about this and this could have a huge impact

Med Sups you should be writing carriers with no ties to MAPD plans
Top med sup carriers United ,Aetna , Anthem control about 70% plus of sup mkt . Medico, moo, Allstate , liberty bankers, Aflac and on and on suck people in with low rates then sky them . Nowhere to hide in the next yr . Everyone gets hit . Hell carriers should save $100 mil easy each not paying overrides and marketing money on mapd. Car ins rates up 22% the past yr . Inflation is crushing everything . And the laughable Fed wants to lower rates with Inflation raging

If MA trims the extra benefits, the stuff OM doesnt cover, AND medigap premiums go up, then the spread between the price of MA vs Medigap will continue to widen. That with the added inflation in other areas, will likely still make MA an attractive option.

However, if the pushback against MA from the rural providers accelerates, it will create tension. In my experience, there are a lot of lower income people in these rural areas, who are also big users of the healthcare system.

I think that creditable coverage issue with new PDP coverage, will be be a hot topic. It's not is something I considered before.

There will be chaos, as people adjust, and in that chaos people will be moving around, searching for answers. This will create sales opportunities.

No, but if creditable coverage has to pay at least as much as Medicare I would assume most group drug coverage is not going to be able to do that. BCBS of SC said that right now, 70+% of their group plans meet the criteria. If the Part D rule passes (obviously it did), they said that number drops to 36%

You do know that unlike medicare that most EGHP if not all include rx cost in the MOOP?

Word on the street is double-digit rate increases next year from all carriers on Plan G and N. Including UHC. They're getting creamed on OE claims, then blowback from the rest of this mess. As someone said above, no one escapes.

The good news? At least everyone will still be on Medicare as there's nowhere else to go. Plan on a lot of phone calls from current clients though.

Solution? Be ready to pivot as needed.

Word on the street is double-digit rate increases next year from all carriers on Plan G and N. Including UHC. They're getting creamed on OE claims, then blowback from the rest of this mess. As someone said above, no one escapes.

The good news? At least everyone will still be on Medicare as there's nowhere else to go. Plan on a lot of phone calls from current clients though.

Caveat, not an agent.

Any thoughts on where that might leave K, L, and M as options to present?

I've already received calls about 15% increases..

Back