Mass disappointment with 3.7% rate increase . Humana and United stks down 5% plus after hrs

MAPD in a way is like FE. Some carriers offer better deals in some states. Here in the FL panhandle choices are limited and MOOP is already high and will go higher next year. If copays increase people will want to change to MS but most can't.

MAPD in a way is like FE. Some carriers offer better deals in some states. Here in the FL panhandle choices are limited and MOOP is already high and will go higher next year. If copays increase people will want to change to MS but most can't.
MOOPs are high in the Panhandle? Where in the panhandle are you working that they're high? I have a few customers up that way, and I have known them to be around $4,800 on average

FB and UHC had greater than average increases this year and you think it will be worse next year?
I wouldn't be surprised at this point, UHC is showing early signs of losing their grip on the state.
The one to watch though is Humana, as they have become very competitive over the past 2 years

MOOPs are high in the Panhandle? Where in the panhandle are you working that they're high? I have a few customers up that way, and I have known them to be around $4,800 on average
To me that is high when a man can buy a Plan G for less than $2500 annually which includes their Part B deductible of $240. Enroll in Wellcare PDP at $0 cost. A woman is even less.

Back