Humana making a run in Fl?

Chazm

Guru
5000 Post Club
Orlando
I just ran a T65 quote in FL for a plan G and Humana came up the cheapest. Any other Fl guys notice that? Do they still offer Silver Sneakers with their med supp? If so that’s a big deal.

Attachments

• 4FD353A8-5B4F-4E00-8BEE-6F1EF466F463.png
    4FD353A8-5B4F-4E00-8BEE-6F1EF466F463.png
    180.9 KB · Views: 22
My FMO called me a week ago and sent me their new outline of coverage with the rates for 1-1-2018 effective dates. They seem to be cheaper.

That’s what I’m seeing too, but they aren’t “new”. They just had a massive decrease I guess. Do you know if they still offer Silver sneakers ?

I too received a call about the same thing from Humana as well and it's true.

"
Silver Sneakers, Vision and Hearing Discounts, Rx Discounts, WellDine, Humana First and Lifeline"

It's not just Florida. I believe they lowered prices elsewhere too. I check for a person in Ohio and was surprised to find they were very close to the best price. And yes, they offer Silver Sneakers.

I got an email from the local (Georgia) rep a few days ago. Plan G is now in play for Georgia as well as F, N, HDF and I think A.

All rates much lower than before with the possible exception of HDF. That plan has been in the hunt for some time but I only have a few HDF clients.

Haven't used their e-app in years and it was horrendous. Also used them for GI on a few occasions. Believe they pay half commission.

Had to submit the apps twice or 3x before they found them. Took forever to process.

Their rates are more in line than they have been for years but still see no reason to use them.

And they have had Silver Sneakers for several years. Not a new thing.

I got an email from the local (Georgia) rep a few days ago. Plan G is now in play for Georgia as well as F, N, HDF and I think A.

All rates much lower than before with the possible exception of HDF. That plan has been in the hunt for some time but I only have a few HDF clients.

Haven't used their e-app in years and it was horrendous. Also used them for GI on a few occasions. Believe they pay half commission.

Had to submit the apps twice or 3x before they found them. Took forever to process.

Their rates are more in line than they have been for years but still see no reason to use them.

And they have had Silver Sneakers for several years. Not a new thing.

In FL it’s a bigger deal because they have the lowest priced plan G, include Silver Sneakers and pay 16% comm. It will probably come out to $310 commission while I’ve been used to getting about $220 for years.

And while they’ve always had SS here in FL, they were about 45% higher than the cheapest plan. Never even considered them before.

Maybe commission is different in FL, or possibly my memory is faulty. Thought they were paying 22% here. Might have to dig out a commission statement and run the calculation. Shouldn't be hard. I think I have maybe 3 clients. Would have had a few more if they didn't quit losing apps and making me get AOR forms signed by my own clients so I could get paid.

They like to snake business away from the WA at renewal.

Fun times.

Back