Humana Marketing Directly to Off X Clients

Tkruger

Guru
1000 Post Club
Nationwide
If this isn't a blatant attempt at stealing clients from brokers I don't know what is.

(Client name), the 2016 healthcare enrollment deadline is only 10 days away, so this is your last chance to find out if you qualify for reduced or waived health insurance premiums*. Call us today to find a plan that's right for you. We'll walk you through everything, and the quote is completely FREE.

* Based on your income, you may qualify for a Health Insurance Marketplace subsidy, which could lower your monthly premium. Subsidies are only available for Qualified Health Plans purchased through the Health Insurance Marketplace, kynect, or Connect for Health Colorado.

Humana Individual plans are Insured by Humana Insurance Company, Humana Health Plan, Inc., Humana Health Insurance Company of Florida, Inc., Humana Health Benefit Plan of Louisiana, Inc., or offered by Humana Employers Health Plan of Georgia, Inc., Humana Medical Plan, Inc., Humana Health Plan, Inc., Humana Health Plan of Texas, INc., Humana Medical Plan of Michigan, Inc., Humana Health Plan of Ohio, Inc., or Humana Medical Plan of Utah, Inc. For Arizona residents: Insured by Humana Insurance Company or offered by Humana Health Plan, Inc., For Texas residents: Insured by Humana Insurance Company or offered by Humana Health Plan of Texas, Inc.

These companies are Qualified Health Plan Issuers in the Health Insurance Marketplace, kynect, or Connect for Health Colorado.

Our health benefit plans have exclusion and limitations and terms under which the coverage may be continued in force or discontinued. For costs and complete details of coverage, call or write your Humana insurance agent or the company.

Humana
500 West Main Street, Louisville, KY 40202
Legal | Privacy Practices | Internet Privacy Statement | Opt-Out
Copyright © 2015 Humana Inc.
GCHJFSXEN

I posted about CF BCBS doing something similar last year. They sent ALL of my clients a postcard telling them to contact CF directly for a quote and to enroll in a new plan. These were my existing clients. My name and contact information was not anywhere on the card.

Aetna has marketed to existing clients for years. Humana will soon be taken into Aetna's family, so it's probably trying to fit in ahead of time.

Today Humana HQ in Louisville, KY. is closed due to the expectation of 6" of snow. No outbound calls. No pay for employees either.

Yes!

I have gotten 2 calls from customers that I already enrolled, payment made. Both were called by Humana and offered coverage. Both said that they were offered to compare plans and can be changed if they found a better Humana Plan than what they enrolled in. One of them did not take dental, was offered dental and vision, then received another call a month later just to offer dental, vision, hospital coverage, etc.

I then had another customer say they keep getting called by the marketplace to help with enrollment.

Shame.

Sent from my iPhone using InsForums

Stick a fork in it:

http://www.modernhealthcare.com/art...0210-NEWS-160219998&utm_campaign=financedaily

Humana's fourth-quarter profit plummeted 30% to $101 million. Humana, following in the footsteps of UnitedHealth Group, in the fourth quarter posted a large premium deficiency reserve, which is accounting speak for an expected loss. The $176 million premium deficiency reserve, which was previewed in January, was attributed to the Affordable Care Act's exchanges for 2016. The sea of red ink has forced the Louisville, Ky.-based company “to evaluate its participation in the individual commercial business for 2017,” according to a news release.

Humana said its exchange members were much sicker than expected. Many enrollees who signed up for ACA plans in the first two years had pent-up demand and often needed expensive care. Insurers such as Humana, UnitedHealth and many co-ops did not price their plans to cover those huge medical claims.

If Humana and UnitedHealth abandon the ACA's exchanges, it will be a symbolic blow to President Barack Obama's healthcare law. Humana had 758,000 on- and off-exchange members as of Dec. 31, and UnitedHealth had 650,000. But some believe the companies are bluffing and are using their public positions to pressure the federal government to make changes to the ACA markets.

Stick a fork in it:
Humana said its exchange members were much sicker than expected. Many enrollees who signed up for ACA plans in the first two years had pent-up demand and often needed expensive care. Insurers such as Humana, UnitedHealth and many co-ops did not price their plans to cover those huge medical claims.

I guess the actuaries at these companies don't watch much television. Before 7pm, roughly half the commercials are for medications, or medical treatment centers.

Ever read the company's filings with DFS?

Here in NY, they're a few hundred pages long. Buried inside is an estimate of claims and premiums, risk, etc.

Almost unanimously, companies here estimated a loss. Often, accurately.

This was a calculated decision made because of the situation created by the "three R" programs. If they price appropriately, they lose market share, and need to pay profits to competitors. If they price low, they keep share, stay competitive, and will receive money from competitors. Everyone was incentivized to under-price the risk, and that's what they all did.

How? They included "three-R" estimated income in their MLR ratio!

https://myportal.dfs.ny.gov/documen...7856.pdf/393a9492-1140-4e42-a747-3083ad9d0f0e is HRINY's filing, the last before they failed. Page 28 clearly notes that they're including "three-r" money in there.

Page 115 shows how they expect to get $58M from risk corridors, on a total of $280m of collected premium. 20%! They were priced 20% under the known risk!

Back