Humana No Longer Taking Credit/debit Cards

They are cutting the 1-3% credit card fees out of costs. F.FM requires all methods of payment options.

We were easiest on totem pole to cut, and this is next on the list for them.

BCBS Illinois will no longer accept credit cards effective June 1. They will still accept debit cards.

Reference: http://ifawebnews.com/2016/05/03/obamacare-losses-force-illinois-bcbs-to-end-credit-card-payments/

In my typical cynicism of big corporations, I stated in the Illinois forum that I believe this was done as a time-release version of Ortho weed killer. Many of the highly subsidized/CSR customers pay with a credit card.

But as MBSC pointed out, BCBSIL still accepts Debit cards. Debit cards are used by people who have some funds in their checking account.

Of course, there are many well-off people who use Credit Cards to make payments. They rack up points, airline miles, etc.. But the low Out-of-Pocket people in our broke, stressed-out state, are hitting BCBS-IL with huge numbers of low-end and high-end claims.

Any advice I don't use regular mail and I have received no emails from Human. I did receive a call on June 16th while I was driving and a Humana rep told me that they stopped my auto debit credit card that had been in place for 2 yrs. I called the next day to make a payment was disconnected after 30 minutes and 2 days later I was terminated. Outrageous and I called yesterday July 5th and offered to pay anything outstanding. I was dumped and there is no appeal. Any suggestions. The worst part is I am a busy business owner that was on AUTO DEBIT for the past years to avoid this type of issue. How many thousands of people has this happened to?

Any advice I don't use regular mail and I have received no emails from Human. I did receive a call on June 16th while I was driving and a Humana rep told me that they stopped my auto debit credit card that had been in place for 2 yrs. I called the next day to make a payment was disconnected after 30 minutes and 2 days later I was terminated. Outrageous and I called yesterday July 5th and offered to pay anything outstanding. I was dumped and there is no appeal. Any suggestions. The worst part is I am a busy business owner that was on AUTO DEBIT for the past years to avoid this type of issue. How many thousands of people has this happened to?

Basically you are screwed, unfortunately. It isn't fair but Humana is doing everything possible to terminate their subscriber base and yours is just one of those.

I'm just asking, but how do you "not" use regular mail? What if someone needs to send you a certified letter?

And the best way to avoid this type of issue is to use an agent. We recieved the information months ago and contacted our clients to have them change their payment methods....

Back