I saw the damage of no call aca lead first hand

DonP

Guru
1000 Post Club
The scam behind the selling of no call leads is a zero premium . Example. I wrote a lady a to start 2023 that makes $14k a yr . I wrote her a 44 cent a month silver plan . $5 copays and a great plan. At the end of August she pressed a button on a no call lead . They put her in a Bronze zero premium plan. But the time i noticed and called her it was sept 13. Both plans were still active . We called mkt place to cancel the bronze and keep the silver. Since the cancel on the silver was already about to take place it cancelled both . We called mkt place on wed . She had no ins and we had to sign up for the silver effective 10/1. The rep kep saying this is fraud ,this is fraud. A complaint was taken . The client was crying on the 3 way call because she had to go to dr this week as she’s in big pain . Because of this fraud she can’t go . It made me so mad people doing this and f@@@ing with peoples lives .

Confusing story.
First, I don’t know what a “no call aca” lead is. Is that like ringless voicemail?

Second, how is the lead type the problem instead of an agent who flipped her to something in approach? In your story it sounds like the bigger problem might have been caused when you tried to flip her back. Not saying it wasn’t the right thing to do. I don’t understand any of the specifics. But your post leaves more questions than answers.

Did her pushing a button on the phone actually change her plan? Or did she have to enter act with an agent?

Confusing story.
First, I don’t know what a “no call aca” lead is. Is that like ringless voicemail?

Second, how is the lead type the problem instead of an agent who flipped her to something in approach? In your story it sounds like the bigger problem might have been caused when you tried to flip her back. Not saying it wasn’t the right thing to do. I don’t understand any of the specifics. But your post leaves more questions than answers.

Did her pushing a button on the phone actually change her plan? Or did she have to enter act with an agent?

A no call lead is bs lead ad were the person only checks a box in small writing for info .The small box says something like this “ you agree that we’ll be your agent and we’ll put you in a no premium plan with the lowest income . If the income is wrong notify us “ .They put the people in Bronze plans with $9 k deductibles . Few understand what they did as the agent never calls them. That’s why it’s called a no call lead . You don’t call them to enroll them . Supposedly that’s illegal now . The new consent form can’t be included in that small writing . And I never rewrote her initially. The rep at health care.gov cancelled the bs bronze plan and kep my good plan . Someone both plans cancelled thus I had to rewrite her for 10/1 effective date .

Confusing story.

These are no interaction required. Totally automated/online process that the consumer takes themselves through.

They market zero premium plans to low income folks.

But they often are not doing what most agents consider due diligence, when it comes to OOP cost comparisons to other plans that would cost just a few dollars per month.

There can be very large differences between a Bronze and Silver Plan.

I cant speak to the steps the consumer had to take specifically, but it was more than just pushing a button on a phone. They had to enter personal info and agree to disclosures, etc.

They target the low income as they have a year round SEP to change plans. All that is needed for an existing ACA policy is their name and DOB to access the app, and steal it from the current agent. Pretty rampant out there now

The email last week from healthcare.gov addressed this . The question was “ if the consent language is tucked in the checked box for info is that allowed “ . The answer was no it needs to be a seperate consent form .

A no call lead is bs lead ad were the person only checks a box in small writing for info .The small box says something like this “ you agree that we’ll be your agent and we’ll put you in a no premium plan with the lowest income . If the income is wrong notify us “ .They put the people in Bronze plans with $9 k deductibles . Few understand what they did as the agent never calls them. That’s why it’s called a no call lead . You don’t call them to enroll them . Supposedly that’s illegal now . The new consent form can’t be included in that small writing . And I never rewrote her initially. The rep at health care.gov cancelled the bs bronze plan and kep my good plan . Someone both plans cancelled thus I had to rewrite her for 10/1 effective date .
I still don’t understand where these are happening. Are they on Facebook? Or do they go to a specific website?

The email last week from healthcare.gov addressed this . The question was “ if the consent language is tucked in the checked box for info is that allowed “ . The answer was no it needs to be a seperate consent form .
Not everyone follows the rules. But supposedly the guy who runs it, ran it by cms for approval

This sounds awful, but at the same time it sounds like consumer error... Why is she trying to sign up for a second health insurance plan when she already has an active plan?

Back