I’m out of the business

I certainly understand that, but maybe it's not the industry but the particular gig you're in right now. Is Humana hiring for career agents in your area right now? I was once a career agent with them and it was a good experience. It's salary plus commission and excellent training if they hire you. If you've already got the health license then maybe it's worth a shot?
Yeah I have my life and health license, so I could always go to somewhere else in the business if I so desired. As far as Humana hiring in my area, I’m not sure, I’ll have to check into that.

If selling doesn't light a bit of fire in you, then it's time to move on... your fire lies in another direction that's all... "Go West Young Man."

Let me wish you the best in your future endeavors... :)
Oh believe me, I wanted to sell, especially after I did sell that one policy and got the taste of “first blood” but I’m just not skilled enough socially to have really succeeded there

For me, for example, the worst prospect is the one where I show up and when I ask why he sent in the card seems to have no real understanding of the need, and additional probing reveals he has no one in his or her life who he cares about or cares enough about him to make this matter. Some salespeople are just likely unable or unwilling to take the conversation in the direction necessary to uncover the love that supports the need, and without that. neither the salesperson nor the prospect is likely understand and recognize that the prospect needs this product.

Lol

Me: So, you know this benefit is to help cover your final expenses when you pass?
Prospect: Yes.
Me: Who would you like to take care of things for you when you're gone?
Prospect: I don't know.
Me: Most people choose a brother or sister, or perhaps their kids.
Prospect: My brothers and sisters are all dead. My kids are dead.
Me: Well maybe a friend? Is there anyone important to you that you could trust?
Prospect: No. I'm all alone. I don't have any friends. My brother's children are all dead.
Me: Ok. So if you died today, who would they notify?
Prospect: .......
Me: So you would just be dead until someone discovered you?
Prospect: Nobody cares about me.
Me: Perhaps your church could help?
Prospect: *grumbles*

At that point there is nothing left to do but leave.

Oh believe me, I wanted to sell, especially after I did sell that one policy and got the taste of “first blood” but I’m just not skilled enough socially to have really succeeded there

Two Questions...

1. How did you get into the business in the first place.. Did you get tired of Steel work want to try something new and responded to an ad... or did someone recruit you. Recruiters are sales people as well, there job is to fill a training room, but at the same time sh

2. In what way do you now have social skill?? Do you just generally "hate talking to people"

or

You probably weren't trained well enough to even have a shot. Unfortunately, it's a common problem in the industry.

An Employment Scam in the Financial Services Industry > HOME

Is your trainer and manager a friggin ***. Not training you on how to handle objections and stuff like that.

When I briefly sold alarm systems I had a manager like that. When you would call him from the customers house, he would cut you off half way through explaining the customers situation and just say "just tell me this this and this" and hang up. Then wonder why I didn't close the sale.

That's bullshit. Some of the best salespeople I ever met were also some of the dullest people I ever met. People listen to people they like, but buy from people who know what the hell they're talking about.
NYL's Ben Feldman, arguably the greatest life insurance salesman that ever lived, was short, fat and bald. He also talked with a lisp.:noteworthy:

Latest posts

Back