I Don't Know Where to Begin on My Job Search.

bmatz10

I am studying to take my life insurance exam I have already passed my health exam and I have no clue what are my best options or where to go after I pass my life exam.

I have a BA in Business and the last 3 years I have been managing in retail. I want to get into insurance because I am sick of retail and I want to test my abilities in sales.

I live in south central Ohio. Im 50 minutes away from Columbus, Cincy, and Dayton. The closest market that I feel that has opportunity is Chillicothe. Chillicothe is only 30 minutes and the commute would be a lot easier for me.

I don't know if I rather be a broker or an agent. And I have no clue what are the best companies to work for. I want a company with a good training program and is willing to work w/ a new agent/broker. I hear that some companys are shady to work for and that I need to watch out what company I choose, but I don't know how true that is. I just don't know where to start on my research on companies.

Read everything you can on this forum about the companies you may be interested in.

Ive talked with mass mutual they wanted to hire me but I didn't feel right after speaking w/ the management after the 3rd interview. Also the office is an hour and 15minutes form my house.....Ive been google'n agencies like State Farm and Farmers and All State....and I have been google'n brokerages but when it comes to brokerages I get lost w/ all the companies that pop up.

Ive talked with mass mutual they wanted to hire me but I didn't feel right after speaking w/ the management after the 3rd interview. Also the office is an hour and 15minutes form my house.....Ive been google'n agencies like State Farm and Farmers and All State....and I have been google'n brokerages but when it comes to brokerages I get lost w/ all the companies that pop up.

MM is a good company. Personally I wouldn't consider SF, Farmers, or Allstate. If you want to do P&C find an indpendent that will take you on.

Back