I had it with my Company....ready to Roll out of here ~!

Tim Resnick

Super Genius
Hey Buds,

I've had a cake job for 3 yrs...but with the new manager I'm ready to say 'sayonara' (i'm not keen on working under a 'Rude Man hating Militant Feminist-a.')

I'm a L-n-H producer with a nice list of names (but according to agreement with this HUGH CONGLOMERATE) i won't be able to solicit them for business (1 yr).---- no problem, i will contact them later.

I got enough cash to float myself for awhile (+), but before i tell them to 'take this job and shove it'...got 1 question.

QUESTION; Since i want to stick with what i know for now (Senior and Indy Ins.), what kinda FMO should i consider? There is one local FMO i could join but not sure 'How many Companies' do i have to sign up underneath them. ARE THERE SOME I can go Independent with?

Any tips you can give a Independent Rep going on First time?

Thanks for your help....hope all is well where you are~!

~T

Hey Buds,

I've had a cake job for 3 yrs...but with the new manager I'm ready to say 'sayonara' (i'm not keen on working under a 'Rude Man hating Militant Feminist-a.')

I'm a L-n-H producer with a nice list of names (but according to agreement with this HUGH CONGLOMERATE) i won't be able to solicit them for business (1 yr).---- no problem, i will contact them later.

I got enough cash to float myself for awhile (+), but before i tell them to 'take this job and shove it'...got 1 question.

QUESTION; Since i want to stick with what i know for now (Senior and Indy Ins.), what kinda FMO should i consider? There is one local FMO i could join but not sure 'How many Companies' do i have to sign up underneath them. ARE THERE SOME I can go Independent with?

Any tips you can give a Independent Rep going on First time?

Thanks for your help....hope all is well where you are~!

~T
If you're independent, you can use as many FMO's as you like. Unless you need face to face training, a local FMO isn't necessary.

What i mean is 'ARE THERE SOME COMPANIES' where you don't have to be with an FMO?'

?
It would help to know what lines you specialize in. You'll get better answers.

Most traditional life carriers require an IMO/FMO but you can have multiple writing numbers so it really doesn't matter. They can't hold you hostage.

Companies like Guardian and MassMutual allow you to appoint under their GAs so not really direct but also not with an IMO/FMO.

FE not so much. I believe there are a few so maybe ask in the FE forum if that's your market. No idea on the health side but I see people complain about releases so I'm guessing that's an issue there as well.

Good luck!

It would help to know what lines you specialize in. You'll get better answers.

Most traditional life carriers require an IMO/FMO but you can have multiple writing numbers so it really doesn't matter. They can't hold you hostage.

Companies like Guardian and MassMutual allow you to appoint under their GAs so not really direct but also not with an IMO/FMO.

FE not so much. I believe there are a few so maybe ask in the FE forum if that's your market. No idea on the health side but I see people complain about releases so I'm guessing that's an issue there as well.

Good luck!
Hi Ray....Senior Insurance with Some Indy. So that would Medicare and Med.Advantage.

thanks~!

I'd be careful with this statement, especially if you were an employee of said company. You are admitting to taking client lists, which is IP, and handled differently than solicitation. That and using what I assume is your real name on this forum is risky. Go start fresh somewhere, and give back that company everything IP or expect to be served. There are plenty of clients out there to start over with and build your own book of business.

I'd be careful with this statement, especially if you were an employee of said company. You are admitting to taking client lists, which is IP, and handled differently than solicitation. That and using what I assume is your real name on this forum is risky. Go start fresh somewhere, and give back that company everything IP or expect to be served. There are plenty of clients out there to start over with and build your own book of business.
Real Name.... What's that ???

Bhahaha~!

:D

Back