I Have a Few Questions

While you're there you can always have them get the policy to make sure there's no clean sheeting or other funny business going on. & if it's all legit you might of earned a couple referrals for lookin out! ;)

In FL Transamerica is very competitive. I sell them every week. Not going to replace a company I use. I only have a cell so I am not sure what shows up on their caller id. I transferred my landline number to my cell.

For the most part it matters not that you are in FL. So there are a few competitive companies you can't get in FL, but there are still plenty that will beat Trans.

Let's use age 65MNT $10,000 for example. LifeShield is the lowest at $47.35. Transamerica is $56.50. $9.15 difference. I am not going to replace an A+ Superior company with a B rated carrier like LifeShield or Standard Life. The other agent could easily come back and save the case. The larger companies are within $3 a month in premium and I don't think the lead would change for that. I can't trash talk another agent because I don't know him. Now LH is a different story.

No responses to a carrier who will accept a liver transplant so I guess there is none.

Let's use age 65MNT $10,000 for example. LifeShield is the lowest at $47.35. Transamerica is $56.50. $9.15 difference. I am not going to replace an A+ Superior company with a B rated carrier like LifeShield or Standard Life. The other agent could easily come back and save the case. The larger companies are within $3 a month in premium and I don't think the lead would change for that. I can't trash talk another agent because I don't know him. Now LH is a different story.

No responses to a carrier who will accept a liver transplant so I guess there is none.

Are you seriously arguing against replacement because of company rating??:1laugh:

Are you seriously arguing against replacement because of company rating??:1laugh:

Haven't you said multiple times you would not write under an A rating? I know you changed, however, how is he wrong to have his own standard. Per his post he is comparing an A+ large company v B small company with a $3. difference in premium.

Many ways to do what we do. Sounds like he has his standards.

IMohsoHO

Haven't you said multiple times you would not write under an A rating? I know you changed, however, how is he wrong to have his own standard. Per his post he is comparing an A+ large company v B small company with a $3. difference in premium.

Many ways to do what we do. Sounds like he has his standards.

IMohsoHO

There was a time when I would not write a company that wasn't A rated. But I was mistaken in that. But even back then I would not have argued against replacement because of a rating.

And I was also misinformed that my E&O didn't cover companies not A rated. I learned that was wrong too.

And no, he was comparing Lifeshield and an almost $10/mo difference.

And back when I was of that belief I had not been in insurance that long and I had not seen companies bastardize their FE product in the name of that rating. Nor did I know then that companies buy those ratings.

He's been in the business 40 years.

But I get your point. We all can make up our own mind about what companies we will sell and which ones to not. I refuse to sell MoO, just one example. But then I'm also not going to get on the forum and lament losing business to MoO if it were to happen.

I don't sell GI. I don't get on here and complain that I lost a GI sale when I'm the one that choses to not write it.

Last edited:
I will not replace a Transamerica policy with a LifeShield. If an agent did that to me I think I could save the case

I will not replace a Transamerica policy with a LifeShield. If an agent did that to me I think I could save the case

You would not save it because of the company rating. I've replaced then with Trinity, (not rated}, with fraternals, {some rated, some not}. Doesn't matter. Those replaced agents have not saved one yet. And they have tried.

There's one captive Trans agent here that talks about nothing but that rating. Hasn't done him any good yet.

Back