I have a situation

All I know, is that if a husband is finally buying life insurance on himself and his wife... and THEN finds out that his wife was cheating on him... well, this whole "insure your love" campaign probably couldn't have gotten any worse. And to cheat on a responsible man with someone else for a 'fling' would certainly show that woman's priorities.

Just sayin'.

Whole lot of assuming going on in there.

Maybe it is his, maybe it isn't. We don't have a clue because odds are we aren't even getting half the story that the agent knows.

But I do know, it is a HIPAA violation to tell the husband, regardless of whether it is his or not. Now if it is his, almost certainly nothing comes of it. If it isn't, well it might get real ugly, and not just for the agent and his E&O carrier.

Also, many disease can mimic other conditions, so assuming it was found in the blood or urine and not disclosed as an answer, there could be a health issue going on. No telling.

So to sum it all up. There is no telling what is really going on, but to tell anyone but her at this point is almost certainly a HIPAA violation.

Whole lot of assuming going on in there.

Maybe it is his, maybe it isn't. We don't have a clue because odds are we aren't even getting half the story that the agent knows.

But I do know, it is a HIPAA violation to tell the husband, regardless of whether it is his or not. Now if it is his, almost certainly nothing comes of it. If it isn't, well it might get real ugly, and not just for the agent and his E&O carrier.

Also, many disease can mimic other conditions, so assuming it was found in the blood or urine and not disclosed as an answer, there could be a health issue going on. No telling.

So to sum it all up. There is no telling what is really going on, but to tell anyone but her at this point is almost certainly a HIPAA violation.
Sounds like a DNA case for Maury Povich. Is he still on?

hqdefault.jpg

It is entirely possible she is only 3-4 weeks along and she is unaware herself. She could be even further and still be unaware. Not as much fun for the peanut gallery if that is the case but it is a definite possibility.

It is entirely possible she is only 3-4 weeks along and she is unaware herself. She could be even further and still be unaware. Not as much fun for the peanut gallery if that is the case but it is a definite possibility.

Yeah but, It is Paco the pool boy's. Little does she know Paco is her long lost brother from a different mother. And, And now he will lose his job and his little sister will not be able to get that operation she so desperately needs to save her marriage to Brian, who we all know was Brittney until the unfortunate bicycle accident when she was 12.

Stay tune until .....

Oh wait, this is not the FE forum.... Yeah, she probably does not know. Someone should tell her.

Yeah but, It is Paco the pool boy's. Little does she know Paco is her long lost brother from a different mother. And, And now he will lose his job and his little sister will not be able to get that operation she so desperately needs to save her marriage to Brian, who we all know was Brittney until the unfortunate bicycle accident when she was 12.

Stay tune until .....

Oh wait, this is not the FE forum.... Yeah, she probably does not know. Someone should tell her.

Clearly...

Ain't nobody in the FE forum can afford a pool boy.

There is no privacy issue in telling the insured protected health information told to you by underwriting or another party. It is their PHI after all.

Just make sure you speak with her and not the husband. Also, I would not leave it in a voicemail, email or text.

While she almost certainly knows, maybe she doesn't and maybe she hasn't told him yet. So make sure you are speaking with her before saying anything.

I got another HIPAA question . .I think I cost myself some business by being being cautious. I had a couple who applied for 2 separate policies iwth the same company.. company calls me saying due to abnormal labs the guy is a stright decline. it sounded pretty serious cause the underwriter would not tell the home office lady the reason. I met with both but the girl ran the show.. he understood english but he was really shy to talk and she would talk to him in their native language. I call him to tell him he' s a decline. I did not call her.

However the home office told me that she had to take an exam now even though I sold her an accelerated underwriting policy.

Wouldn't I be in violation of HIPAA if I told her that the reason she needs to take an exam was due to the guy's abnormal labs?

I ended up telling her that she had to take it but i left out the reason why.. and she wnated to withdraw.

Back