I have been offered a job if I get licensed. I have MANY QUESTIONS, Please Help!

Come on STI - you already know the answer.

Remember - selling Insurance isn't rocket science and requires very little hoop jumping to get started. Total expense less than $400 to get going - $129 Pre-License Course, $90 State Exam, $75 State License + $100 for 5 appointment fees.

Then do this:

#1 Start Pre-License Course - ( I did my 40 hour in less than 19 hours from my living room and passed with a 100% )

#2 Study For Test - ( I took my test one week after pre-license course.

#3 State Exam - ( schedule within 2 weeks max of pre-license )

#4 Get Sponsor Company - ( very easy )

#5 Appoint with 2 carriers in each of Life and Health - ( very easy )

#6 Study Product while awaiting appointment - ( unless immediate writing State - but still study )

#7 Get writing numbers.

#8 Create Leads.

#9 Follow Up on leads - ( Or have an assistant do it )

#10 Determine Clients Needs - Produce Quote For Client.

#11 Close Client - ( or go back to #8 ).

#12 Collect Advance - ( Big Bucks Time! ).

#13 Wait on non-advance commissions and renewals.

#14 Sell more than charge back by going back to #8.

Why make it seem more than it is STI?

It's all about the lead and being able to close the sale.

Tom

I wanted to add my thoughts:

It was stated that you're good at sales, not walking and chewing gum, but good at sales. Two things I noticed say differently.

"I was pretty successful with making appointments and cold calling, but ad budgets were tight, and I was squeezed out."

If you were a rock star you wold not have been squeezed out.

4. "What kind of income can I expect in the first 2 years with poor-mediocre performance (conservatively.)"

Poor-mediocre is not conservative for someone "who can sell"

Maybe this is why you are trying to make sure that you make the right decision.

Come on STI - you already know the answer.
Remember - selling Insurance isn't rocket science and requires very little hoop jumping to get started. Total expense less than $400 to get going - $129 Pre-License Course, $90 State Exam, $75 State License + $100 for 5 appointment fees.
Then do this:
#1 Start Pre-License Course - ( I did my 40 hour in less than 19 hours from my living room and passed with a 100% )
#2 Study For Test - ( I took my test one week after pre-license course.
#3 State Exam - ( schedule within 2 weeks max of pre-license )
#4 Get Sponsor Company - ( very easy )
#5 Appoint with 2 carriers in each of Life and Health - ( very easy )
#6 Study Product while awaiting appointment - ( unless immediate writing State - but still study )
#7 Get writing numbers.
#8 Create Leads.
9 Follow Up on leads - ( Or have an assistant do it )
#11 Close Client - ( or go back to #8 )
#13 Wait on non-advance commissions and renewals.
#14 Sell more than charge back by going back to #8.
Why make it seem more than it is STI?
It's all about the lead and being able to close the sale.
Tom

I will take the above with a very large grain of salt.

You are correct in one thing only, it is not rocket science.

For a person with a whole months experience I really don't think that you are in a position to advise others.
Give it another 3 or 4 months and then take stock, see how your income is doing. By that time some of your chargebacks will be hitting and your outlook may not be so rosy. Reality bites. If this business is so easy as you claim, then why do so many people fail at it.
A few years back I was a regional manager for ANL, (Dallas and Fort Worth, back then they had some decent plans to sell), so I am fully aware of how the money flows in when you start out. I am also aware of how many ANL applications are replaced by agents with a far superior plan for the same price. This does not bode well for retention of business. As I have said in another post, stripped down CAT plans are a recipe for disaster.
Only time will tell.
E&O rules.

on that #8 and #9 how does that lead to #10.....can you explain the difference on creating/Determine Clients Needs lead and killing a lead because you do not know what the hell you are talking about let alone the knowledge of the plan they are on to give an educated recommendation....

#8 Create Leads.

#9 Follow Up on leads - ( Or have an assistant do it )

#11 Close Client - ( or go back to #8 ).

Last edited:
on that #8 and #9 how does that lead to #10.....can you explain the difference on creating/Determine Clients Needs lead and killing a lead because you do not know what the hell you are talking about let alone the knowledge of the plan they are on to give an educated recommendation....

Layoff Scott, you should not be criticizing. I'll bet that it took you longer than one week to garner all of your knowledge.

:D:D

I'll bet that it took you longer than one week to garner all of your knowledge.

3 years to present and still on going....but that was in the day that no one would give you the time of day....

" For a person with a whole months experience I really don't think that you are in a position to advise others. "

I've only been appointed since June - but have been in the industry a while - creating leads and pre-set appointments. I am my own best example - anyone can sell insurance. In my short time - I've sold plenty of life and health BUT the biggest accomplishment is I have built a team of over 30 reps that are doing the same - using our system.

" Give it another 3 or 4 months and then take stock, see how your income is doing. By that time some of your chargebacks will be hitting and your outlook may not be so rosy. "

Charge Backs are a fact of life in this business. Just sell more than you lose, build up some as earned commissions and some renewal commissions - within 18 months - these should cover any charge backs and eventually the rep can go as earned on all new business.

" E&O rules. "

Just as in the travel business, an E&o policy is a requirement in business.

STI said - " on that #8 and #9 how does that lead to #10.....can you explain the difference on creating/Determine Clients Needs lead and killing a lead because you do not know what the hell you are talking about let alone the knowledge of the plan they are on to give an educated recommendation.... "

You first have to have a lead (#8) - then you must call or email the lead (#9) - which then gives you the ability to determine the clients present situation and what you need to do to help them. At this point - they are good with what they have, I can offer them more benefits or I can offer them a better rate. What separates us from others - is our service.

Those handling the lead are CSR's - we train them in gathering information and pre-qualifying the lead. When it gets to the Writing Agent - they know the basics and can get through most situations. If they can't - they transfer it upline.

Like I said - we only do healthy people. All others are run upline for a split.

It's not rocket science. Customer has no health or life coverage - we present them with several plan options and we close them into taking one OR we move on to the next one.

If the customer already has a plan - we determine what they have - compare it to what we offer and see what's best for the client. If the Writing Agent doesn't have the ability to handle the deal - they run it upline for a split. Upline agents are highly experienced and are our end closers if needed.

I don't know why some of you think thatpeople don't have the capacity to learn and implement.

Heck, I talked to Bob last week for almost an hour and learned more about "Bare Bones" plans than most people would learn in a week. I took what I learned and have implemented it into our training and sales aproach.

You guys keep doubting - we'll keep closing . . .

Tom

Back