I have been offered a job if I get licensed. I have MANY QUESTIONS, Please Help!

If all you're going to do is sell in your life, then get the license and take the job. Make it work and you will be amply rewarded. You can always go independent once you learn the ropes. This is a little different type of sales than you are used to so be open minded and you will learn how to be successful.

You first have to have a lead (#8) - then you must call or email the lead (#9) - which then gives you the ability to determine the clients present situation and what you need to do to help them. At this point - they are good with what they have, I can offer them more benefits or I can offer them a better rate. What separates us from others - is our service.

No first you have a name and a #......and how is an asst. going determine their need ....then how ARE you going to have the ability to determine if no one GIVES you this information....remember we are green and independent..and how can you offer theses things if you do not know the details of their plan.....and there is a big difference between service and knowledge(which come with time or message boards like this that can help people with plan specifics.......now then there is the whole world of marketing groups that will screw you with advances and steal your renewals because you are green....were is that on your list of things to do.....

now then there is the whole world of marketing groups that will screw you with advances and steal your renewals because you are green....were is that on your list of things to do.....

Very, very true. Been there and done that.
Coincidentally ANL was my first experience of that.
I broke out after I had quit. Got the back end for two months, then was informed it was to be stopped, reason being that I was not producing any new business, and was writing for companies in competition with them.
Stan Firebaugh was the FMO. Very ethical guy :D

BTW a bob used to be one shilling, 12 pennies, back when the English pound had 240 pennies per.
I don't know if they still use that term since they changed to the decimal system, which I may add, makes far more sense to have 100 pennies to the pound.

BTW a bob used to be one shilling, 12 pennies, back when the English pound had 240 pennies per.
I don't know if they still use that term since they changed to the decimal system, which I may add, makes far more sense to have 100 pennies to the pound.

I've usually heard it used in wagering terms as in, "the punters were keen to sport a few bob."

" No first you have a name and a #......and how is an asst. going determine their need ....then how ARE you going to have the ability to determine if no one GIVES you this information...."

Much more than a name and number. By the time it gets to the Writing Agent - we have the name, address, contact info, height / weight, age, medical history and meds, occupation, their income, their budget, family members and their present carrier if any. Most importantly - we ask "why" they are seeking information on a health or life plan.

" ....now then there is the whole world of marketing groups that will screw you with advances and steal your renewals because you are green....where is that on your list of things to do..... "

We're with a solid marketing group that has been around a while and isn't that far away if we need to make a visit. We utilize the group for marketing support and solid commissions. Not worried about this portion.

I'm just sharing our system. To each their own I say . . .

Tom

Back