"I have it through my husbands job"

Man, I don't know. I have three marketers all averaging two good leads per hour. I really don't think the script matters that much; ".....calling to offer free quotes on the newest health insurance plans available....."

Hi, My name is Chris Hoddy with First American Insurance
Group. We are a local health insurance brokerage that is
dedicated to helping business owners locate affordable health
insurance. I'm calling to show you how I may be able to lower
your health insurance premiums while improving your coverage.

Good Morning/Afternoon! This is John McCollough, the owner of McCollough Insurance Agency here in Laurel. I specialize in offering individual and family health insurance plans with all of the major carriers in MD. There are some new plans that have been released that allow people to pay for medical bills with pre-tax dollars, without sacrificing the quality of health care or increasing your costs. Do you want to receive FREE information about the latest plans?

Do you have two minutes?

I need to ask a couple of quick questions and see if you can benefit from our service.

1. Are you paying too much for health insurance?

2. If you could change any ONE thing about your plan, what would it be?

It sounds like you are trying to qualify much to early and are encountering some resistance. I would get rid of all of the questions you ask and save them until later on after you have a had a chance to build up trust and they have information available at the time.

I would approach in a more laid-back demeanor. Find out if there are interested first in receiving information, obtain their DOB, Smoker Status, Best Phone #, Home Zip Code, e-mail or fax number and then let them know you are going to send out informatoin and ask when would be a good time to follow-up to discuss the information in more detail.

I hate to say this but it's also very area specific. I had one marketer start calling Severn and Severna Park leads - close to me. She used to get 2 to 3 leads per hour calling Salisbury which was southern Maryland - remote area. The new zips I gave her were closer to Baltimore. She got hammered. After two days of calling she barely got 1 lead per 2 hours. I switched her back to southern MD and here come all the leads again.

Good Morning/Afternoon! This is John McCollough, the owner of McCollough Insurance Agency here in Laurel. I specialize in offering individual and family health insurance plans with all of the major carriers in MD. There are some new plans that have been released that allow people to pay for medical bills with pre-tax dollars, without sacrificing the quality of health care or increasing your costs. Do you want to receive FREE information about the latest plans?

It sounds like you are trying to qualify much to early and are encountering some resistance. I would get rid of all of the questions you ask and save them until later on after you have a had a chance to build up trust and they have information available at the time.

I would approach in a more laid-back demeanor. Find out if there are interested first in receiving information, obtain their DOB, Smoker Status, Best Phone #, Home Zip Code, e-mail or fax number and then let them know you are going to send out informatoin and ask when would be a good time to follow-up to discuss the information in more detail.

Yea that makes sense. I like your script. I guess I will change my approach and see if that helps. Thanks for the advice!!

I hate to say this but it's also very area specific. I had one marketer start calling Severn and Severna Park leads - close to me. She used to get 2 to 3 leads per hour calling Salisbury which was southern Maryland - remote area. The new zips I gave her were closer to Baltimore. She got hammered. After two days of calling she barely got 1 lead per 2 hours. I switched her back to southern MD and here come all the leads again.

Yea I thought about that also. I know B to B that definitly made a difference. In the affluent suburbs good response then i go into Dallas or a lower income suburb city and get no response and a bunch of Ass holes!

It seems like I have a lot better response from the more "country" areas. When I call the bigger cities or more affluent areas ,my #'s plumment

Yea that makes sense. I like your script. I guess I will change my approach and see if that helps. Thanks for the advice!!

The important thing to remember is that you are actually calling and have a way to measure your results. I like excel sheets persoally. The biggest hurdle I have encountered is managing my time. It is amazing how much time goes by when you are trying to cold-call, qualify prospects and present plans.

This conversation reminds me of a health agent a few years ago that proved his script worked so I just handed him the yellow pages 'the very first call he got an appointment. I still think his script sounds dishonest but he drives a mercedes and lives in a large house on the bayou. Anyway here it is: hello mr. biz owner this is ben gay of abc insurance we spoke last fall before the holidays about your health ins. and you said to get back with you in the spring and I was wondering if now is a good time to give you that quote?

This conversation reminds me of a health agent a few years ago that proved his script worked so I just handed him the yellow pages 'the very first call he got an appointment. I still think his script sounds dishonest but he drives a mercedes and lives in a large house on the bayou. Anyway here it is: hello mr. biz owner this is ben gay of abc insurance we spoke last fall before the holidays about your health ins. and you said to get back with you in the spring and I was wondering if now is a good time to give you that quote?

I don't like scripts that mislead clients in that manner. Kinda disgusts me actually. Seem like the type of person to sell a Right Start plan w/out going over the plan and simply focusing on price. I rather have pride in what I do then resort to having to manipulate people. Most people can pick up when they feel their being deceived or manipulated.

Back