I interview for a W2 job soon, how can I best prepare?

Prior to the pandemic, 99% of the agents and agencies on this forum publicly stated that telesales was a failed business model. The pandemic, in fact, forced those same agents to now consider telesales. I do not recall BGA being in existence, prior to the pandemic. With such a short history of telesales experience, why do you select them as your "gold standard" for telesales?

I believe DBGA was started in 2016, and Jeff Root and Nick West had been selling life insurance over the phone since 2009, and Jeff Root's start might date back to 2006. I can't remeber the exact dates.

A simple search of this forum shows that @DigitalBGA.comks first post was June 2017, and DBGA founding partner Jeff Root's first post was December 2008.

So who are you going to recommend? Everyone else is a covid opportunist. These guys are true pioneers. Those who came to telesales only after the lockdowns have these guys to thank that there were any FE carriers for the independent channel to sell over the phone. Trailblazers.

Last edited:
I believe DBGA was started in 2016, and Jeff Root and Nick West had been selling life insurance over the phone since 2009, and Jeff Root's start might date back to 2006. I can't remeber the exact dates.

A simple search of this forum shows that @DigitalBGA.comks first post was June 2017, and DBGA founding partner Jeff Root's first post was December 2008.

So who are you going to recommend? Everyone else is a covid opportunist. These guys are true pioneers. Those who came to telesales only after the lockdowns have these guys to thank that there were any FE carriers for the independent channel to sell over the phone. Trailblazers.
The predecessor to Northstar was around before DBGA.

[EXTERNAL LINK] - Final Expense TeleSales

Covid opportunist...love that! Yes, plenty popped up because of lockdowns, but we've been in telesales far before covid and long before it was cool. DBGA started in 2016, but Jeff and I started in telesales way earlier than that...around 2005. Telesales has many moving parts, and is why you saw the covid telesales rush where 99% failed because they had no idea what to expect. Post covid, we remain growing at a tremendous rate still being 100% telesales.

So who are you going to recommend?
I would consider them also, based on that info.

Covid opportunist...love that! Yes, plenty popped up because of lockdowns, but we've been in telesales far before covid and long before it was cool. DBGA started in 2016, but Jeff and I started in telesales way earlier than that...around 2005. Telesales has many moving parts, and is why you saw the covid telesales rush where 99% failed because they had no idea what to expect. Post covid, we remain growing at a tremendous rate still being 100% telesales.
Did I meet you guys at a carrier meeting at the Doubletree in North Dallas back in your early days? I remember a couple guys there that were doing telesales. I remember thinking that couldn’t possibly work long term (although I was smart enough to keep my mouth shut on that! LOL!). But here you are, proving me wrong! :yes:

Last edited:
Back