I Love Replacing Primerica/Citigroup Policies

I guess talking about AM best ratings is an insurance agent thing. Outside the world of insurance, AM Best ratings seldom even get mentioned. It's all about S&P and occassionally moody's. S&P also has A+, A, and A- ratings. Since you might not believe me, have a look at investopedia's series 7 study materials: Bond Ratings - Series 7 | Investopedia . My study materials actually did mention AM Best in passing, though.

Also, since the series 7 deals with bond ratings, let's have a look at investopedia's article on corporate ratings: What Is A Corporate Credit Rating? -> No mention of AM best and fitch is only mentioned in passing.

I'm sorry about the confusion I'm still less than a year into the insurance game. Do you have any idea why insurance guys talk about the least popular rating agency?

Because it began as an insurance company rating agency and that is still a primary focus of Best. .. It supposedly measures things like claims paying ability as well as solvency.. Insurance buyers are not investing in the company so the outlook of the company as an investment is not a primary concern. they just want to know, "will the money be there when the claim or surrender is filed"..

Back