I Need Guide and Steps on How to Be Appointed

rzkas

hi? i need some help and guide. i want to run an insurance office. i am currently taking my classes for life, disability, causality and property.
after passing my exams what should be my next step to open/establish an insurance office? get appointed by either one insurance company of more than one insurance company?
I live in Everette Washington.

thanks for your guide and directions.

At this point in time you would have a hard time finding a P&C company to appoint you.

I'm in WA state also, what you need to do is get some experience working for an agent. The only reason why I've been able to get appointments with any carriers is because I have experience with insurance sales/customer service. It's very difficult to get appointments with zero experience some companies won't even appoint you until you've had your agency for a while...don't get discouraged though because it IS possible to have your own agency if you put enough work into learning all you can about this business.

Life and health appointments are very easy to get. Can you fog a mirror? :D

P&C are much more difficult without any experience or an existing book of business I've been told.

You may want to start with life and health and transition into P&C once your agency becomes successful.

The biggest mistake I have seen new agents make is that they start off trying to be all things to all people. They know a little about "everything" but not very much about "anything".

Pick a product and literally become an expert on it before moving into offering other products.

Back