i-Relay or YIO

loudee

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I'm ready to purchase CRM software and these two seem to garner the most praise. I need opinions which one to go with. FWIW I'm very computer savvy but I'm also very new to insurance.

Lou
p.s. thanks to everyone who answered the many questions I've been asking

I'm ready to purchase CRM software and these two seem to garner the most praise. I need opinions which one to go with. FWIW I'm very computer savvy but I'm also very new to insurance.

Lou
p.s. thanks to everyone who answered the many questions I've been asking

One is completey modern and the other is old school, chop a tree with an axe or with a chainsaw it is your choice.

YIO you own after paying the upfront cost, I-Relay has a monthly fee that keeps coming. YIO is desktopped based and will require you to back it, I-Relay is web-based and acessable anywhere. As far as the capabilities, I've only used one, so I can't speak for the other.

All depends what your selling, how you do business, and what is important to you. There are many other choices as well (such as smart-office from Insurance CRM Technology, Financial Services CRM Technology).

You need to decide what you want a CRM system to do, and then find a system that comes closest to this. There are no perfect systems, so it's a bit about flexibility as well.

YIO seems to be a good product for life and health, misses some much needed functions for P&C. I've not tried i-relay, can't speak to it, though it appears to have some good automation tools.

Dan

I know nothing of I-relay, but if it is a web-based CRM, it will have some features that YIO will not have. I own a copy of YIO, and like it. It can't be beat for the price. I would like more features, but then I don't want to pay more.

Another forum member mentioned the main difference between them is YIO is PC centric, and I demand this for myself. That's one of the reasons I own my PC, and don't use a workstation to access a leased account on a big mainframe a la IBM 360 (1960). Web-based is a retrograde business concept. I use the same rationale with my decision to buy the inexpensive Cheetah Speedy Dialer for my telemarketing. A predictive dialer with fancy software will do more, but cost more. You can also subscribe to a call center, but you sacrifice control.

Having said all this, one of my FMOs provides access to in-house leads through SugarCRM, which is free (to me). I like it, but wouldn't want all my business in someone else's hands. I use it strictly for that market segment. Best of both worlds?

(You can get a personal copy of SugarCRM for free, or buy the Enterprise version for your downline, as I understand it.)

I think the fight is over. I heard that Rick knocked Al out in the last 30 seconds of round 185. It was gruesome.
This threads on CRMs come a dime a dozen. People should either look at the other threads or just order the FREE demo. IF they do not offer a free demo then they probably are not worth it. I use YIO and I am happy with what it does. I can't wait for the new version. I heard it takes voice commands and will actually write a poilcy without you being there. WOW!!!

I think the fight is over. I heard that Rick knocked Al out in the last 30 seconds of round 185. It was gruesome.
I kinda feel like I just stop the hickups. For the next few minutes you still think they're there.

Funny how this thread has stayed pleasant. Why is that?

To answer your question, I use YIO. I also have an automatic web based backup program so there is virtually zero change of losing data. It synchs with Outlook so all the information is on my PDA. I can copy the data file and paste to my laptop. And best of all, Frank gives 24/7 help. In fact, I called him at 4am yesterday just to check it out.

Rick

Back