I Work in a P&C Office, but Boss Allows Me to Write Life/Health

jhuang

Guru
100+ Post Club
I am in a peculiar situation. I work in a P&C office, doing mostly niche work (Commercial EQ) and work as a W-2 Employee. Salary is nice and steady, but it's not my book of business. However, I am allowed to produce Life/Health (yes, this is a great place to work and start my insurance book myself).

I started Primerica, thinking it's building a business but the recruiting requirement is brutal and what a difference a little research can do!

So I signed on to Health Choice One and got my own E&O to start up.

My dilemma is which products to start? Med Supp/FE? Major Health/Life? DI/Life?

Also, I'm stuck to a desk due to being the W-2 for most of the day, but am able to make phone calls via my cell phone (don't want to use his phones for my purpose).

I'm thinking of mail marketing at first Med Supp and FE to get off the ground, and use my recently joined chamber networking (which by the way, the Hispanic Chambers are fairly decent in membership pricing and they do not restrict the races!) and volunteer my time to get my name out.

Do you guys think I should hold off the mail marketing for now and just talk to people about Med Supp/FE and get good at it before I start selling over the phone? I like the idea of phone sales and think that F2F is practice that leads to phone.

Sorry for the ramblings, it's late and I've been on this forum since last week...daily...for 8 hours a day sometimes reading.:swoon:

Re: I Work in a P&C Office, but Boss Allows Me to Write Life/Heal

I am in a similar position as you, except that I only x-sell life after rounding out my bosses existing book on the P/C side (personal lines). Thats my bread and butter.

But if I were choosing between med supp, ind. health and or FE, I would go med supp. Reason being is that it is easier to xsell FE after you saved them money on their supp.

We have a mini call center in our office that just cold calls for t-65 and they have been doing phenomenal. A team of 4. I would do it that way, before I spent money on mailers. Learn it a bit more and then drop some cash on leads.

I think some of the real "gurus" on this forum would have to agree.

Back