If I Find You a Better Deal...

Just had a lead come in, the guy said he was working with a local agent and that he saw my ad, and wanted to see if I could show him better prices than what she showed him.
I point-blank asked him, if I can find you a better deal that what the current agent found for you, are you open to changing, he said, "I'll probably still go with her", I yelled at the guy to stop wasting my damn time...

How creative do you get when dealing with these users? Or do you actually turn these around?

Or better question, what do you ask the person when they tell you something like that?

I would ask the prequal quest and find out his plan. If I could save something like $25 per month with a good carrier and he had a carrier with high increases. I would through it at him I can save you $25 per month around $300 per year and save you additionally on increases now do you still want to stay with so and so

If yes just move on. But I would not give name of carriers or send any info by mail or email until I had some type commitment.

Sometimes these will turn around this way but it is not a high %

Just had a lead come in, the guy said he was working with a local agent and that he saw my ad, and wanted to see if I could show him better prices than what she showed him.
I point-blank asked him, if I can find you a better deal that what the current agent found for you, are you open to changing, he said, "I'll probably still go with her", I yelled at the guy to stop wasting my damn time...

How creative do you get when dealing with these users? Or do you actually turn these around?

Or better question, what do you ask the person when they tell you something like that?

Interesting that he gave you that information "up front," that he was working with a local agent. Normally people tend to "shop their agent incognito." - they really don't care about wasting your time.

Interesting that he gave you that information "up front," that he was working with a local agent. Normally people tend to "shop their agent incognito." - they really don't care about wasting your time.

It's def not an everyday objection but I have heard enough time's.

Is there an echo in this room? Isn't there another thread with this same topic/question?

Back