If You Could Go Back and Start Over...

pdloose

I just passed my licensing exam today and am looking forward to learning from all you wise folks on here...:cool:

If you could go back to the beginning of your career and do one thing differently what would it be and why?

Thanks!

I just passed my licensing exam today and am looking forward to learning from all you wise folks on here...:cool:

If you could go back to the beginning of your career and do one thing differently what would it be and why?

Thanks!

You might want to start with WHAT you are doing. Health? Life? P&C? Variable Annuities?

I would have posted on the insurance forum the same question 30 years ago and some wise man would have probably answered buy PAN AM or buy TWA

I'm going to start with med sups, group benefits and hospital indemnity plans
:

Do 1 item, "Master" 1. Then get to the second one.

Understand that it takes 3 years to really make any money. Do a budget so you can run as lean as possible.

Get a follow up system in place.

Use the search box before asking questions.

And keep up with the smart-***. It takes one to deal with this crowd.

Do 1 item, "Master" 1. Then get to the second one.

Understand that it takes 3 years to really make any money. Do a budget so you can run as lean as possible.

Get a follow up system in place.

Use the search box before asking questions.

And keep up with the smart-***. It takes one to deal with this crowd.

Thanks for the honest answer, kgmom219. Definitely some good advice. What was the first product you "mastered"? Thanks again!

Back