Illegal to Cold Call.

insurancesc

Expert
This may be a dumb question but is it illegal to cold call for the purpose of selling life insurance in South Carolina? Seems like I heard it is. Thanks for any help.

Thanks Moon. I guess I need to fi d another state and companies that will sell FEor med supp over phone if this is possible or even viable.

Thanks Moon. I guess I need to fi d another state and companies that will sell FEor med supp over phone if this is possible or even viable.

There are only two states I'm aware of that have prohibitions on that and I believe even with Ohio and California it's only with respect to seniors. Cold calling for life insurance is tough. There are a lot of agents/agencies that do it for FE. I don't know of many that do it for term.

M&M is extremely critical of cold calling in general. His comment was directed at how fruitless it is for most agents vs any law.

Yeah I just got that. At the time I was having a difficult time striking out all day and not ezpecting a curve bal. Should have been looking for that as cost of doing business here. Made me laugh though. Thanks again Moon. So basically as far as anyone knows it is NOT illegal in SC, probably not the best idea. I'm trying to find an alternative/supplement to my DM that has yielded 1 sale in last 3 weeks after a 3k+AP week. Got quite a few mouths to feed.

Yeah I just got that. At the time I was having a difficult time striking out all day and not ezpecting a curve bal. Should have been looking for that as cost of doing business here. Made me laugh though. Thanks again Moon. So basically as far as anyone knows it is NOT illegal in SC, probably not the best idea. I'm trying to find an alternative/supplement to my DM that has yielded 1 sale in last 3 weeks after a 3k+AP week. Got quite a few mouths to feed.

Bro, you can get press 1 leads for a good price from gooner and you can get TM leads from DIG and Mark Forte for good prices too, it's time to stop wasting your time and sell, and to sell you need leads.

Where did you get the direct mail? Was it new or old? I'm asking because if you made 1 sale in 3 weeks off of direct mail, you don't need leads, you need training. How many leads did you work to get one sale?

Back