Illinois Mutual

Illinois Mutual is a great company for blue collar type policies. I wrote IM policies for 10 years, and I still have personal policies with them.

I moved on when I started writing larger policies and Index UL which they don't issue. (I have told them many times I would reconsider writing with them if they start offering Index UL).

There is more to considering a company than the comissions. You also need to consider if you can get the policies issued, and how much of your commission you get advanced.

Illinois Mutual is a well rounded program, and if my children were starting in the business and planed to sell smaller permanant UL or WL policies (under $200,000 face) or some of the other products they issue I would not hesitate to recomend IML.

Den Lobach
AgentSuccess.org

Illinois Mutual is a great company for blue collar type policies. I wrote IM policies for 10 years, and I still have personal policies with them.

I moved on when I started writing larger policies and Index UL which they don't issue. (I have told them many times I would reconsider writing with them if they start offering Index UL).

There is more to considering a company than the comissions. You also need to consider if you can get the policies issued, and how much of your commission you get advanced.

Illinois Mutual is a well rounded program, and if my children were starting in the business and planed to sell smaller permanant UL or WL policies (under $200,000 face) or some of the other products they issue I would not hesitate to recomend IML.

Den Lobach
AgentSuccess.org
Well put, I agree with you 100% concerning Illinois Mutual. They are an agent friendly company and one of the leading companies in the disability insurance market.

Is this still the case with Illinois Mutual?

I have a couple cases with them. I have not written them in years and they have not cancelled me yet.

The week I got contracted with them they sent me IM branded stuff and a week later they sent me a $100.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Well put, I agree with you 100% concerning Illinois Mutual. They are an agent friendly company and one of the leading companies in the disability insurance market.

Do you know if they still require F2F?

Last edited:
B+ Best rated company in these financial times? Why would you go there with a myriad of better rated carriers out there.
Comp levels you gave not that great either - although renewals are attractive.

Check you E&O coverage - some won't cover you if you are not writing A- or better carrier.

Back