Illinois's ABE Exchange-Marketplace

NO UNITED HEALTHCARE IN ILLINOIS EXCHANGE.

Crains Chicago Business publication will publish in its Monday 7/15/2013 edition that United Healthcare Will Not be one of the Illinois ABE Exchange carriers.

Link: Crain's Chicago Business : Subscription Center

The SIX carriers will be:
1. Blue Cross
2. Aetna (Aetna bought Coventry this year)
3. Land of Lincoln Health
4. Coventry (Aetna bought Coventry this year)
5. Humana
6. Carle Foundation (Non-Profit Hospital Group based in Urbana, IL.)

-ac

This was interesting:

Blue Cross has proposed 14 plans for individuals and 23 for small businesses, says Tom Meier, Blue Cross vice president of product development, who declines to provide details. “Our intent is always going to be submitting a wide variety of competitively priced products and services, and we believe if we do that we'll remain the top choice for Illinois consumers,” Mr. Meier says.

Land of Lincoln has proposed a “significant” portion of the 165 plans that would vary in scope and cost, says Dan Yunker, CEO of the group.

Only 14 options for individuals. And only 23 for group clients. Significantly reduced options.

BCBS-IL has 8 distinct non-group plans now, according to Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - Health Insurance Illinois - BCBSIL.
1. Select Blue
2. Select Blue Advantage
3. Blue Choice Select
4. Blue Value
5. Blue Value Advantage
6. Blue Choice Value
7. Blue Edge HSA
8. Blue Edge HSA 5000

They also have a "Blue Pathways" child-only plan that's available twice a year, but that one will probably be going away at the end of 2013. And of course the Blue Cross TEMPORARY policy.

I think for the purposes of the Exchanges, what constitutes a "plan" is defined differently? According to the ACA, you have the Metallic policies and the Catastrophic policy. How BCBS can have 14, and Land of Lincoln "the vast majority" of the 165 Exchange plans must be a new way of defining these things.
-ac

Hi Allen,

Can you tell me who I can contact in Illinois to find out what part will agents play with Obamacare? Is it worth our time to sign up with someone. Trying to find out more information.

Hi Allen,

Can you tell me who I can contact in Illinois to find out what part will agents play with Obamacare? Is it worth our time to sign up with someone. Trying to find out more information.

Certainly HisGlory. Contact the EBRM (Employee Benefits Risk Management) Brokerage. They will get you licensed to sell the largest Illinois Exchange company, which is Blue Cross. Here is their website. The phone number is on the front page:

http://www.EBRM.com

Just give them a call and they'll get you contracted and educated on what to do. I contracted with them several years ago. Nice people to work with and you'll be paid directly from Blue Cross. To your success in 2014!
-allen

Hi Allen, Thank you for your help. The people were really nice. This will be new for me. Please share any ideas you can in how I can generate more business as a Life and Health agent. I am still struggling to find new business I have been doing this a little over 3 years. Please feel free to email me at [email protected]. Thanks for all that you share with us on the forum.

Hi Allen, Thank you for your help. The people were really nice. This will be new for me. Please share any ideas you can in how I can generate more business as a Life and Health agent. I am still struggling to find new business I have been doing this a little over 3 years. Please feel free to email me at [email protected]. Thanks for all that you share with us on the forum.

HisGlory, it's a pleasure to assist those like you, who truly want to succeed. Unfortunately, I don't have any concrete sales ideas at this time due to a lack of information. Until we know the plans, rates, commissions of the Illinois Exchange Carriers, there's no solid advice we can give each other, or our clients/prospects. I'm in a "holding pattern" until we get more pieces for this big jigsaw puzzle.
ac

ABE has a new role. It is now (As of 10/1/2013) the official portal for determining eligibility for Medicaid, Food Stamps, Cash Assistance and something called the "Medicare Savings Program".

URL: http://www.abe.illinois.gov/

-ac

Word of Advice. Worked with a lady today whom we knew would be Medicaid eligible, but decided to start at HealthCare.gov just to see how the procedure to route her to Illinois Medicaid would work.

After encountering numerous website errors, we called the HealthCare.gov "Hotline" and spoke to a lady who started to ask the standard questions. After 30 minutes, she determined that my friend was eligible for the new Illinois Expanded Medicaid and advised us to apply online at http://www.ABE.Illinois.gov .

Advice: If any adult in Illinois earns less than $15,000 per year, he/she is eligible for the 2014 Expanded Illinois Medicaid. That person can purchase an individual health insurance plan on/off the Marketplace, but is not eligible to receive the Advance Premium Tax Credit (subsidy).

See the INCOME CHARTS on this page for reference:
Medicaid and CHIP Eligibility Levels | Medicaid.gov

Back